Chapter 18

Andrew

It was midday and my team was scouting the perimeter of the house, I was situated a few miles away watching on a laptop what's happening. It was the end of the week for us, tonight we execute the plan we have been conceptualizing the whole week. I can't wait to go back to Jacob, it's been way too long. Aiden sat beside me, watching over the computer with me. Wendy was with the scouts, up in trees, hidden in bushes or blending in with the crowd. The congressman who wants the gangs to be all eliminated, Mr. Evans, held a party for her daughter's 18 birthday. It's in this remote mansion-like cabin in the middle of the woods.

There are approximately 100 guests, all will be leaving after the party, leaving only the family inside. That's when we're going to strike.

"Aiden, You should've totally come with me in here, we could've danced," Steve teased, making the boy beside me blush intensely.

"Focus on your job Steve," Aiden said, which earned a laugh from the man who was blending in the crowd. There weren't that many of us here, honestly, this could've been a one-man job, but we plan to execute this to make it look like he just upped and left with a mistress. That way, he'll be dead and his name's going to be ruined. If I was the way I was before, I would've had no problem with massacring the whole family just to get it over and done with. But thinking that Jacob might find out about this, I would rather have as fewer casualties as possible.

"Evans is arriving, I repeat Evans is arriving," Wendy said as a limo pulled up in front of the mansion, Evans walking out arrogantly. We watched from the cameras installed on the shirts of my men. We wanted to leave no trace behind so we thought that it would be too precarious to set up cameras, so we just have men walking around on the treetops, surveilling the exterior of the mansion, with cameras attached to them. They're like roaming CCTV cameras.

"I see him," Steve said, I have half a mind to change and just go straight to plan F, which is to assassinate in midday through food. The quicker the better right? The quicker we finish this the quicker I get back to Jacob.

"Alright change of plans, Let's go with F," I said and I heard shuffling as one of the men changed positions to take place outside the back, where the chefs walk out to throw trash. Just in time, two came out and were immediately attacked by Wendy and another guy, who dressed in the clothes. They pulled the naked chefs aside, taking their place as they went in.

"I have sights on the wife," Steve said and I could see by his camera that the wife was indeed just a few meters from him.

"Don't plant it yet," I said as I looked at the two cameras roaming in the kitchen. Mr. Evans is a picky eater, this is probably due to his insane allergies. That's why he always has his own food made for him, and a bodyguard to taste it for him before he takes a bite of it.

"Wendy, there he is 10 o'clock," I said spotting the personal bodyguard picking up the dish meant for Evans.

"Nelson, let's go," Wendy said, pertaining to the man who was also in the kitchen. They cornered the man in the hallway, Wendy knocked him out and Nelson caught the dish, keeping it safe and unharmed. They undressed the man and Wendy put it on. Nelson gave her the arsenic and the dish that was in a silver platter. The guests were still enjoying their time, partying with no care in the world.

"Go plant it," I told Steve who stealthily placed an empty bottle of arsenic in the purse of the wife. The father stood on stage calling for everyone's attention.

"I'm out of here," Steve went out through another exit, whose guard laid there unconscious, it is where he entered from earlier.

"Cut the CCTV Aiden," I said and he took over my spot in front of the laptop, he cut the footage and resumed the rest. We placed them on loop before the mission started.