Chapter 19

Andrew

I sat in the van, waiting impatiently for this ride to be over. It's not that I don't like being around this bunch of people that I chose to surround myself with. But I just really want to get back to Jacob and make sure that he is safe at all times. Sure, I left a few of my men to watch over him for me, while I'm away but that doesn't settle down the nagging feeling I have that someone out there is on the hunt for him. Sure, initially that person was me. I admit, kidnapping the man, who I had feelings for a long time, is not the wisest of decisions. But it got me close to him to the point that he kisses my lips on his own accord, so who's complaining? definitely not me.

I touched my lips, imagining his soft, pink, and plump pair dancing with my own. It's unimaginable, the feeling and the tingle of him touching me, or being near me. It's all so euphoric, but it, unfortunately, comes to an end when my phone rings, disturbing the silence in the van. My heart stops and my blood runs cold at the sight of the name plastered across the screen. Forgetting to breathe for a solid minute, my breaths come back in pants, my hands shaking as I gripped the ringing phone.

Alpha

He's not a werewolf nor is he a dog but he's certainly powerful. Every guy in the streets knows of him, everyone wants to be a part of his clique but nobody truly wants to meet him. He has never been physically seen but photos circulate through the dark web of who this man is. Some say he's an extraterrestrial being that came to live on earth, who now is accustomed to the way humans live. Some believe he is indeed a werewolf and he eats people, who cross him, for supper. Nobody saw him, but anybody who speaks or acts against him disappears without a trace.

He's an unforeseen force that strikes terror into any man's spine.

I answered the call, not wanting to get on this man's bad side.

"Andrew speaking," I said trying and failing, to hide the fear that was evident in my voice.

"Andrew, Thank you for finishing the job, I was going to do it my self but your help is more than accepted," His voice was deep, it scared me and sent goosebumps all over my body. I didn't dare to speak anymore, or more like, I can't speak anymore. "For that, I owe you one, till next time." He ended the call after that and I sighed, feeling all the tension subside. Clarence looked over at me from the rearview mirror.

"Is something the matter boss?" He asked, bringing his eyes back to the road.

"Alpha just called," I said and he also tensed up, getting a faraway look in his eyes.

Mama! Mama!

The woman held her pointer finger to her lips, kissing the top of the boy's head, as she locked the door.

Be good okay Clare? Be good for mama. Promise me Clare? Cla-

-RENCE!!!" I swapped into the front seat, just as we were about to hit a deer, the man looked to have regained his consciousness, frantically stomping on the breaks. The van abruptly stopped, sending all of us jolting forwards, uncomfortably. "What happened? You almost got all of us killed!" I said and he got that glazed over look again like he wasn't even there. Sighing, I sat back in my seat, massaging the space on my nose between my eyes. "Nelson take the wheel from Clarence for me please," I said as Nelson pushed Clarence aside, who just walked out of the driver's side door and into the passenger side like he was high and gone.

When he sat down, he just stared out the window, no words, nothing. Just sitting there as silent as ever. Shaking my head, I turned my attention elsewhere, but my mind is still on the incident and what might've happened if I didn't step in. We arrived back in the city and the gang house, Clarence tried to excuse himself but I pulled him back, knowing something's wrong.