Arc 1 chapter 25: The Not So Great Escape

Mo Wenzi hurriedly ran past the inmates and the guards who were busy fighting with each other during a riot. Yes a riot, surprisingly enough the secure prison which had a history of not having any riots now had a riot now that Mo wenzi was here, providing a perfect chance for him to escape. Mo Wenzi already knew about his father's death, he was distraught at not being able to attend his father's funeral but that sadness was replaced by fury when he realized that this might also be Zhang Fei's doing, who else would be able to get away with killing the boss of the Mo corporation, one of the top 7 groups in the country except someone as scheming as him. Zhang Fei managed to get him here in prison without getting involved so Zhang Fei killing his father without getting involved was not so far off from being true either, especially since he was the only one who had the guts to go against him and his family.

Sounds of gun fire started as the riots was getting out of hand and some of the guards had already been killed by the inmates. The prison had been relatively stable so it didn't have a lot of security required, but little did they know that it would backfire. Mo wenzi went towards the direction where he heard a loud explosion, if his luck was good, the weak wall there might have been damaged and he could get out, he had already checked around the prison for potential places he could escape from if ever needed, one of which was the weak wall which could be an easy escape route if it fell.

He ran forward and continuously knocked out guards and inmates alike who went forward to either stop him or settle an old prison grudge by settling things in this chaos, showing how his arc of training in the prison was complete and the world outside was waiting for him. It just meant the plot sama had already decided that Mo Wenzi was going to escape the jail since he had already spent a lot of time in jail and anything productive he could get out of his jail arc he had already achieved. Not only did his fighting skills become a whole level better but he matured mentally as well.

Everything was going smoothly in this chaotic situation as he ran towards the sound of the blast a few moments ago, and the riot continued as bullets and molotovs flew here and there as the clash between the police and the inmates grew worse and worse, but this was good for Mo wenzi, it provided the perfect opportunity for him to slip by unnoticed. But it seemed luck was not his side, as he saw a group of policemen blocking his path with a grinning expression on his face. Mo Wenzi had already guessed they had something to do with Zhang Fei since them being at this very spot instead of helping with the riot was odd. They took out batons and it seemed that they had no good intentions.

"Did Zhang Fei send you?" Mo wenzi asked in a grim tone.

"Who the heck is Zhang fei?" The leader asked with an evil laugh.

Back at Zhang Fei's apartment, Zhang fei and Coco were watching the riot from the comfort of their home and were now watching the confrontation between Mo wenzi and the guards.

[Why does it look more and more like he is the good guy and you look more and more like the bad guy who just sent his goons to deal with the hero.]

"Who said I was the good guy." According to Zhang Fei, he was simply just a sadist, with neither being good nor bad. He just enjoyed other's misery.

[Oh right I forgot] You are just the demon king given human form.

Back at the jail, a fight had started and the guards were trying their best to beat the shit out of Mo wenzi, but it seemed it was hopeless. It looked like his training arc in the prison worked too well and he was swatting the guards like flies. The guards had guns in their holsters, but it looked like they didn't have any intention on using it because they were using batons from the start. Mo Wenzi thought this and became easy and continued beating them left and right. As the fight went on one of the guard had enough of getting his ass kicked again again by a single person when they were so many of them, he felt humiliated and as a result became angry. The anger made him forget rationality and he took out his pistol from his holster and started aiming it at Mo wenzi.