Chapter 12

Coles POV

Lily has been avoiding me for the past one week. So she saying she'd let me take her home made me happy.

I wanted to spend time with her, show her that I love her, show her that she only belongs with me and no one else. I wanted to show her I could be the one she wanted.

I knew that she didn't hate me, maybe she's angry that I'm here. Did she want me to die? Nah she couldn't possibly want that.

She even let me hold her hand in public. My heart skipped a thousand beats. The world somehow felt right again.

We were currently in my car but it was very silent. She just rested her head on the window, staring at the outside world. While I was busy watching her from my Peripheral vision. She looked so beautiful in her palazzo pants and crop top.

She still doesn't wear make up, except for the lipgloss on her lips. Her lips. They looked so full and kissable.

I wanted to kiss her right here but I didn't want to ruin whatever this is. I didn't want her to look at me with disgust like she did the other time.

I stopped the car in front of her apartment. She was about getting the door when I used my hand to stop her.

"I'll get it. " I said to her. I could see a ghost smile form on her lips before it disappeared and her face remained emotionless.

I got down from my side of the car and jogged over to her side, opening the door for her. She got down without looking at me. At least I'm trying.

I walked her to her front door and she turned around to face me, she was biting her lip and she looked so cute.

"Thank you. " she said and I smiled. She turned around and made her way inside the house but before she closed the door, I stopped it with my foot.

"Uh Lily, Do you have any plans later?" I asked her with so much hope.

She opened the door. "I'll be going to grandmas tonight. " she replied.

"Oh. " was the only thing I said. I couldn't help staring at her like that. She looked so beautiful.

I wasn't thinking anymore, I stepped closer to her and pulled her to me brushing my lips on hers. I sucked on her bottom lip before crashing my lips on hers. I invaded her mouth with my tongue and she kissed me back with equal intensity. I pulled away from the kiss and she was staring at the ground.

I raised her head up so she'd look at me and I kissed her lips swiftly before unwrapping my arms from her.

I smiled sweetly at her before walking back towards my car.

I got inside and turned the car on. She was still standing there looking at me and all I wanted to do was go back to her and make love to her but I resisted.

I put on my seat belt and drove off.

I can't wait for the day she'll say she wants me as much as I want her.

******

Lily's POV

All of a sudden my feet was frozen still to the ground. I watched him get into his car and drive off.

I intentionally touched my lips reminiscing the kiss. A thousand butterflies were swarming in my tummy. It felt nice.

You aren't supposed to be feeling like this Lily! You have a boyfriend.

I have a boyfriend but my heart suddenly belongs to someone else. Cole!

I didn't want to think about it, I went into the house and closed the door, resting my back on the door. The only thing I could think about right now was Cole and how much I missed him already.

Clearing my head from all Cole related thoughts, I make my way to my room to get my things ready. I didn't tell grandma I was coming over so its supposed to be a big surprise. I put all necessary things in my duffel bag and picking my phone from the bed because of light flicking from it. I have a message...

I checked to see who it was and it was Seb. My heart started pounding in my chest like from any moment now, it'd just fly out. Why was I becoming so scared and nervous. Oh yeah, I'm hiding a lot from Seb and I'm hurting that I'm hurting him. I wish I could tell him the truth. That I kissed Cole that and I kissed him today. I wished I could tell him that I had feelings for Cole but I'm not even sure of it. I need to get rid of this.

Opening the message :

Seb😊❤: hey baby. Why are you ignoring me? I miss you. 😞.

My heart clenched because of what he said. I won't lie I missed him too not because I loved him or anything but because he was good company and fun to be around.

Me: I'm sorry. I've been busy with mid terms.

Seb😊❤: Are you free tonight?

Me: No. Why?

Seb😊❤: I wanted to take you out for dinner. What you doing anyway?

Me: I'm going over to grandma.

Seb😊❤: should I drive you there?

Me: No Seb. Don't bother. I'll just text you when I'm there.

Seb: I have a feeling you don't want to see me but if you say so.
I love you. ❤

Me: 😊

I feel awful but there's nothing I can do about it. I didn't want to be around him because of the guilt I'll feel. I'm so sorry Seb.

I put my duffel bag over my shoulder and strode out of the house, locking the door behind me. I walk over to my car and drop the bag at the back. I get in and turn the car on.

I'm going back to the place where it all happened. Where I first met that blue eyed guy. Where I fell in love with him, where he almost killed himself and killed me. The place I left him.

I play some background music to drown away my thoughts. This is my escape from everything. There would be no Cole or Sebastian.

I wouldn't have to be worried about anything. Just for one week I want it to be all about me.

******

I parked in front of grandmas house and got down. I picked my bag from the backseat and made long quick strides towards grandmas house. I missed her a lot.

I rang the door bell and she wasted no time to open it. Immediately her eyes met mine her confused face turned into a happy one.

"Lily dear. " she said pulling me in for a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you too grandma. " I chuckled.

She let go and pulled me into the house. "You didn't tell me you were coming. " she said still smiling at me.

"I wanted to surprise you. " I said, smiling back.

"Well, I am surprised. " she said and I chuckled.

"Grandma I've had a long stressful day. I'm just going to head to bed. "

"Sleep well Lils. " she said kissing my cheek and heading towards the kitchen.

I made my way to my room and immediately I got inside, I dropped my bag on the floor and laid face down on the bed. Seeing this room again made me remember how me and Cole use to sleep here sometimes or the first time he told me he'll kiss me. The times I'd clean his bruised knuckles.

I smiled at the thoughts.

"What are you doing to me Cole. " I muttered to myself before closing my eyes.