Chapter 8

Lily's POV

I was tired, not only because I haven't slept but also because I had a lot on my mind and more of I couldn't sleep.

Why did seeing him kiss some girl bother me? I don't have feelings for him right? I sighed.

I felt a lot better now than earlier. The pain was subtle now. I got up from bed, put on my blue robe and made my way to the kitchen. I needed to drink something, anything at all that'll make me sleep.

I got to the kitchen and found Tasha sitting there with a bowl of munchies in front of her.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the munchies stealer. " I said and she jumped in shock.

"Shut up Lils. I got hungry. " she said and I laughed.

"Why you up? " I asked her and she sighed.

"Nothing. You? " she asked, I could sense she was lying but I didn't want to force her to talk, if she isn't ready.

"I can't sleep. " I said instead.

"Something's bothering you right? " she knew me so well.

"Yeah. " I sat beside her.

She passed me the bowl of cereal and I took a spoon. " what's up? " she asked.

"I saw him today. "I looked at her and the look on her face showed that she knew who I was talking about. "He was kissing some girl. " I said, putting another spoon in my mouth.

"Is that what's bothering you? " she asked and I nodded.

"I don't know why its affecting me this much, I haven't been able to get my mind off him all day. " I ran a hand through my hair. " I don't know what to do. "

"It looks like you still have feelings for Cole, what about Seb? " she asked. What about him? I do have feelings for him right? I don't know.

"I think I have feelings for him. I do have feelings for him but now that Cole is here, I don't know. "

"I feel you should really think about this. If you really love Seb, then forget about Cole but if you Love Cole then you have to tell Seb about it. " she said and she left me sitting there.

Why did you have to come back Cole? My life was fine without you.

*****

My eyes fluttered open and I looked at my alarm clock. It was past 8am, my class started by 10. I had plenty of time to get ready. When did I sleep?

I got up from bed and made my way to the bathroom. I put my hair into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. I took off my clothes and took a quick shower. When I was done, I got out of the bathroom to get ready.

I put on black Palazzo pants and tucked in a white shirt. I wore my black sandals and brushed my hair. I let it flow freely at my sides. I put my bag on my shoulder and made my way out of the room.

"Tasha. " I called out, no answer.

"Tasha! " I called out but there was no answer. She went to school without me.

I went to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of munchies. I sat on one of the chairs and ate my cereal. When I was done I washed up and took my phone out of my bag. It was already 9:30 in the morning. I should get going.

I put my phone back into my bag and strode out of the house. The house wasn't to far from the college, just a 10 minute walk.

When I got to school it was 9:40, I still had time. I made my way to the ice cream stand and smiled at the man.

He smiled back at me. "What can I get you? " he asked.

"Chocolate chip please. " I said.

"Make that two. " my body froze at the familiar voice. Oh God do not let it be who I think it is.

I turned around and my eyes landed on the face of that blue eyed guy. Cole.

"Here you go. " the man said and handed me the cone and gave one to Cole. I was going to pay for mine but Cole beat me to it, he handed the man his money. I made no move to talk to him, I made my way to my department, but he was quick to catch up with me.

"Are you just going to ignore me. " he said and his voice made me halt in my steps. I missed his voice, I missed him.

"Looks like it. " I replied and continued walking. He held onto my hand stopping me in my tracks. His touch on my skin sent shivers through it out my body. His touch still affected me.

"Why did you leave like that? " he asked. I looked at the hand touching me and I saw the bracelet he was wearing, it was the one I got him. He was wearing it, it made my heart warm but I looked at him with no emotion. I didn't want to show him that he affected me.

"How else was I supposed to? " I asked back.

"I don't know, maybe wait till I woke up. "

"Cole I have a life that doesn't evolve around you. I had to leave. "

His eyes went dark with anger and his grip on my hand tightened and it hurt like hell but I kept an emotionless face. "Did I mean anything to you? " he asked. You did. You meant a lot to me and you still do. But I can't tell him that.

"No. " I said, removing his hand from my wrists. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have class. " I said and turned around. My eyes was burning with tears. I left him there and walked to my class. I had an urge to turn around and look at him but I fought it. If I looked at him now I'll break down.

I got to the auditorium  and sat down. The professor started the teaching and I was barely concentrating. My eyes were full of unshed tears and my mind was only on one person.

Cole.

********

I was done with all my classes and I made my way out of the building. I picked my phone out of my bag and called Tasha. It rang three times before she picked up.

"Hey Tash. You done? " I asked, my voice a little shaky.

"Almost. Why? Is something wrong? " I didn't want her to worry because she still had class.

"No. Just wanted to know if we'll go home together. "

"You don't sound good Lils. "

I sighed. "I'm fine Tash." I said, "don't worry about me. "

"Okay Lils. I'll see you later. " she said and I hung up.

I wasn't able to concentrate today. The conversation with Cole kept replaying in my mind. He looked hurt for a second before his blue eyes turned into ice. I could tell he was angry and hurt but why? I don't know.

I walked to the tree and sat under it, I sat there staring into space. My mind was full of thoughts. I was brought back to reality when someone wrapped their arms around me. The scent of the person filled my nose and I knew who it was. Seb.

"What's wrong baby? I called you but you didn't pick up. Luckily I found you here. " he said.

I couldn't tell him what was wrong. I couldn't tell him that the person I love was here, I couldn't tell him that I didn't love him. I didn't want to hurt him. I couldn't say anything.

I leaned into him and let the tears fall. He wrapped his arms even tighter around me. I broke down into tears.

"It's okay babe. " he kept saying, stroking my hair.

I don't know how long we stayed there but him being with me, holding me like this reminded me of the time I broke down like this in front of Cole. The memory made me cry more.

I couldn't feel his arms around me anymore, I wiped my tears and I found him on the ground with someone on top of him.