1

Y/N's P.O.V.

"This is your new partner." The Handler said with that evil smile she always had on her face, before walking away, knowing that if she stayed any longer, I'd protest.

"I'm Five." The man, who looked a few years older than me, said smoothly. I looked back down at my work in front of me.

"Really? My guess would have been 50, at least. I didn't know we employed toddlers." I said, without looking up from my typewriter.

"No-"

"I know who you are, Hargreeves." I finished my report on my last Kill with a sigh.
"I also know that you're one of those 'special' kids that was born on October 1st 1989."

"How did you-" He said and I smirked, holding out my hand and used my telekinesis to pick up a pen from his desk.

"I'm also one of those kids, except I never got recruited into a special academy." I dropped the pen down onto my desk, still not looking at him.
"Telekinesis is a lot more useful than you'd think, but it's also exhausting."

"How did you get into the mess of working here?" He asked lowly and I looked up at him for a moment, seeing a genuine look of curiosity in his eyes.

"I was a killer before I joined this organisation. The Handler recruited me because of my skills." He looked surprised and I sighed.
"Not like that. I was in the army and when I wasn't, I only killed to protect those who needed it."

"So where will you go once the job is done?" He asked and I scoffed.

"I got a special deal like you did, except if I didn't accept, I'd be hunted like any other mark. I'm stuck in this business until I die or get killed, thanks to the Handler. What's it like? Knowing that one day you will be free?" He looked genuinely shocked, before an unreadable expression appeared on his face.

"What if I could get us both out of here?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow

"What if I reported you back to the Handler?" I half joked.

"You won't." He replied confidently.
"Plus, snitches get stitches."

"Hmm, I don't know." I said, honestly interested in what he had to say, but not wanting him to know that.

"Look, I've been working on a set of equations. I have been for almost 40 years. If I can complete them, I can go back to the Academy and stop the apocalypse." Well, I was definitely interested.

"Apocalypse?" I questioned and he nodded.

"Humanity's extinction on April 1st 2019. I don't know what causes it, or how to stop it, but I'm going to find out." I had to admit, I was impressed.
"Are you with me, Delores?"

"Delores?" I repeated and he smirked.

"I asked for your name and you didn't give me it." He said in a smart-ass tone and I couldn't help but smirk at him a little.

"My father never gave me a name. He hated me after my mother died giving birth to me. Though, I usually went under the name of Y/N L/N."

"I guess we have some things in common then." Five sighed.

~

"That's wrong." I pointed at the equation and Five groaned.

"No it's not! How many times do I have to tell you, Delores?" Five said and I smiled at him.

"You know, after 5 years, I thought you would have dropped the name." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Why?" He asked and I laughed.

"Most married couples have nicknames like 'Honey' or 'Sweetheart'." Five pulled a face.
"But no, I'm Delores and you're whatever curse word comes out of my mouth first."

"That's true." He mumbled.
"I still can't believe I married you."

"Rude."

"No, I mean, I was trapped in the apocalypse for over 40 years, alone. I thought I was going to die there. Then I get recruited into a secret agency and I'm partnered with a stunning woman, who I'm married to less than 5 years later." I smiled at him and he kissed my head.
"We're ready to go, Y/N. Let's go home."

"Flattery will get you nowhere. The equations are still wrong." I pointed out and he rolled his eyes.
"But... I trust you." It didn't take Five's power to open the gateway, it was just a hell of a lot of complicated science. Stuff I could just about comprehend.

"It should be bigger." Five mumbled as the vortex opened.

"You'll have to go alone, Five." I said, pushing him towards it.

"No! I'm not leaving you, Y/N. I'm not leaving you behind." Suddenly, a fire extinguisher flew towards us and I moved it out of the way with my telekinesis.

"Five, go and stop the apocalypse. I'll replicate the vortex. And meet you there." He looked at me with fear in his eyes and I hugged him tightly.
"I promise."

"See you soon, Delores."

"See you then, Dickhead."