7. Baby

3 months later, I found myself decorating the baby's room. In my head, I've been thinking of names. Natasha wants the name Alexei if it's a boy and Pietro wants the name Aurther for a boy.

I have no idea what to name the baby if it's a girl. I've been reading Percy Jackson lately and I like the name Annabeth, but I think Thalia is also a nice name.

My father came into the room. "How is the room coming along?" Loki asked.

"It's good, but choosing the wall colors would be easier if I knew the gender of the baby", I said.

"You could make it green", Loki said.

"Yeah, I could".

"It's what we did for you. We did not care what your gender was. The walls in your room were going to be green".

"Or I could make it silver. For Quicksilver".

"Clever. But green is better".

"Papa, are you going to help me with this room?"

"I will. I am".

"No, you're talking about how Green is a better option. Then again, you are correct", I said. "Green it is".

"You're welcome", Loki says.

Loki walks toward the doorway. "Papa, wait. I still need your help", I said.

"No, you don't".

"What if I fall?" I asked.

"You better not fall off that latter".

"You know how stubborn I am. And you know I get it from you", I said. Loki opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "You know I'm right".

"Alright. Alright, fine. I will help you. Are you happy?"

"What? You don't want to help me decorate your grandson's room?"

"It depends. Are you moody? Your mother was like that".

"Papa, I'm not moody. Not that I know of", I said.

"Then I'll stay. Wait. Did you say grandson?"

"It's just a guess. I don't actually know the baby's gender yet. What was my mother's name?"

"Her name was Esme", Loki said.

"Esme. That's a good name", I said. "It's beautiful. Like the Twilight series?"

"The what?"

"Nevermind", I said. "Are you going to help me?"

"I want to make sure you don't fall off this latter".

"Oh, Papa. So overprotective. I'm not going to fall-"

But, of course, as I made my way down the latter, I missed a step and fell. Loki caught me before I hit the ground.

"No more latters for you", Loki said.

"Papa, I'm fine", I said as he seated me in the chair.

"No, you are not. Wanda, Pietro, Romanoff! Get in here!" Loki shouted.

"God, I hate it when you shout. The baby hates it too", I said.

Mom, Pietro and Wanda ran into the room. Natasha had her gun, Pietro had a phone and a first aid kit and red energy came out of Wanda's hands. I smiled at them.

"What's wrong?" Wanda asked.

"Is something wrong with Zia or the baby?" Pietro asked.

"Who's ass do I have to kick?" Natasha asked.