N.I.N.E.T.E.E.N

...

...

Date: 21st of March 1873.
Location: Knoxville, Iowa, US.
Time: 13:30.

A week passed since the incident with the institution. Taemin returned to the institution and convinced them he lost Hyuna. He lied, yet it felt right for him for some reason as he had a bad feeling about being lied to. It took him a day to gather his thoughts and courage to ask to see Hyuna which for him was known by the name Hana just like everyone else at the institution has been calling her.

"I demand to see her," he said it multiple times within those seven days, but his wish was never answered for which caused his doubts to be confirmed. Nonetheless, on the seventh day, someone visited his room.

"You want to see her. Come follow me," the older told Taemin, and so he followed just like it has been for all those years. Taemin got lured to the same room he first met Hyuna, awakening his trauma, and then the older instantly implanted a new memory inside the younger.

'They lied to me,' that's what Taemin thought of the thingummies who actually were telling him the truth, but he will never be aware of it if he didn't try to put his trust in their words which he at the moment can't.

On the other side of the country in Iowa, everyone was trying everything they could to stay undercover. For them, it was the most exhausting week they've ever lived through since they had to move out every day to avoid being an easy target, but even with the constant moving, it still worried them.

Though who suffered the most was Hoseok, who had to be alert all the time which caused him to overuse his powers, making them become low on the serum, and not only that but also Hoseok fell sick which forced them to take shelter in Knoxville until he could get better.

Namjoon and Jin took turns in keeping Hoseok's sick body company. Certainly, Yoonji tried to heal him, but there was actually nothing to fix. Therefore, she assumed he was exhausted and just needed rest or more like getting proper sleep since he deprived his body of an essential health procedure.

While Jin was looking after Hoseok, Namjoon went to make sure the tigers were under control. Besides, since there was no way for them to enter the village with loose tigers, he had to leave them somewhere in the thick forest, trusting Sabre with them. Yoongi, on the other hand, decided to take a stroll in the village along with Jimin who leached himself onto Yoongi which for sure irritated him but at the same time gave him comfort.

Yoonji and Jungkook were still sleeping, exhausted from the nonstop trip. Whereas Taehyung and Hyuna found a great spot under a tree to lay under and watch the slightly busy town. The breath hit them from time to time, making their hair fly in all directions, but they weren't really bothered by it. The town was not occupied by many people, but those who lived there seemed lively to the two of them.