F.O.R.T.Y S.I.X

...

...

Date: 30th of March 1873.
Location: Lawrence, Kansas, US.
Time: 22:00.

After all the bloodshed, tormented days, and unbearable pain, everything came to an end. The only thing that was left to mend was the hearts of the parents who prayed for their children to come back to them. They didn't ask for a healthy body, but even if it was just one part of their child so they could give him a proper burial. However, the children returned in the best body condition, but not in their minds.

Yoongi and Yoonji snuggled into their mother's bed with her with tears consuming the three of them. "I am afraid to ask what happened to you, but I want to know what went on with your lives," Mrs. Min said, whispering in their ears as they tightly hugged her.

Yoongi stayed silent, but Yoonji decided to give her mother a peek into what happened, and so she said, "Since I'm still not fully cured, I guess I will have to tell you. I don't want you to freak out. I promise you I'm totally fine."

Mrs. Min got a little worried but tried to hide it and continued to hear Yoonji, who got up from the hug and went to the kitchen, grabbing a knife. The mother rose as Yoongi did the same, prepared to calm down his mother. "Don't panic," Yoongi whispered in his mother's ears, which made her more worried.

Yoonji approached her mother, settled on the bed beside her, and slowly cut her palm with the knife. Mrs. Min gasped as she witnessed the wound heal and quickly asked, "How?"

"I had to show you since words would never be believed. I have superpowers; I can heal anything. I can regenerate my own heart, I can change my whole blood in an instant, and I can heal you from all sorts of diseases," Yoonji tried to sound excited to prevent her mother from being anxious.

Mrs. Min immediately pulled Yoonji into a hug and patted her back, saying, "You've gone through a lot, my dear." She knew that Yoonji didn't tell the whole truth, which prevented her from asking any questions. "What about you, Yoongi?" Mrs. Min asked as she pulled away from hugging Yoonji.

Yoongi smiled at her as he shook his head, saying, "I've got rid of my powers; all of us did. Yoonji had the choice to get rid of it, but she refused to."

"Yes, I don't know who might get badly hurt, then I would regret not having my powers. I won't be able to live with that regret, so please understand the two of you," Yoonji pleaded as her mother ran her hand in Yoonji's hair with a smile plastered on her face.

"You've all grown up now, my sassy children," Mrs. Min proudly said, pulling them back in bed to sleep.

...

At the same time in the Park house, Jimin and his father sat across from each other on the dining table to eat dinner in awkward silence. It took fifteen minutes for Mr. Park to look at Jimin before realizing that Jimin had been staring at him all that time. "Don't you like the food," Mr. Park asked.