T.H.I.R.T.Y F.I.V.E

...

...

Date: 27th of March 1873.
Location: Louisville, Kansas, US.
Time: 09:30.

On the third floor of the main institution-building where most of the labs were, Taemin hurried to reach Hyuna with anxiety piling up in him. He was super stressed out because he was afraid to find Hyuna in no state to move, which would make it hard for the two of them to escape.

However, Taemin tossed that thought aside as he approached Hyuna's lab and thanked God that her guard wasn't insight. Therefore, he quickly entered and found her chained from all her limbs to a knob on the wall with her body lying on the dirty floor.

He sucked up his knotted throat and approached her, leaning towards her to wake her up. "Hyuna, wake up. We need to leave."

Hyuna uncomfortably shuffled and slowly opened her eyes. "What are you doing here?" She asked him in a hoarse voice, clearly showing her exhaustion.

Taemin looked at her miserable state with pity filling his eyes and guilt building in his heart. "There is no time for me to explain, but all I can say is I'm helping you escape so let's hurry," Taemin stated in a hurry, but Hyuna raised both her hands in front of him, showing him the chains circling her wrists.

"Even if I want, I can't. I'm stuck here," Hyuna defeatedly answered and looked at her legs while sighing in disappointment after pointing at them for Taemin to notice two more cuffs around them.

Taemin bit his lips and tried to think of how to unlock them which made an idea spark in his head. "You can move, right?" He urged, hoping she'd say yes.

"Yes, but what do you have in mind?"

"I will grab the keys from the guard; he probably has them," Taemin claimed, but he wasn't entirely confident.

Taemin decided to think of the consequences later and got up to find the guard, but as soon as he turned, he was met by the guard in front of him, holding a perplexed expression. "Taemin, what are you doing here at this hour?" Said the guard as he took careful steps towards Taemin.

Taemin ruffled his hair, cursing under his breath and asked, "Do you know where the keys for her chains are?"

The guard raised a suspicious eyebrow at him, answering "I have them with me. Why do you ask?"

After Taemin has confirmed the guard's possession of the keys, he unleashed a tiny bit of his powers, as the guard hissed and held his head. The pain increased with every step Taemin took towards him as he mumbled, knowing the guard is unable to hear the words "I'm sorry, but I had to do it."

Taemin finally reached the squirming guard and fidgeted with his clothes until he was able to find the keys, instantly snatching them and rushing towards Hyuna. Without giving it much thought, Taemin sloppily tried to find the ones that could fit in the locks, totally forgetting about the guard who hurriedly stumbled on his way out to probably tell on them.