T.H.I.R.T.Y N.I.N.E

...

...

Date: 27th of March 1873.
Location: Louisville, Kansas, US.
Time: 10:20.

The three thingummies and Exime rushed out of the mammal building, praying Jungkook would make it out alive. However, a sudden rush of thoughts ran through Taehyung's mind as the words of Hoseok brought panic to his body.

We are all going to die. Blood is going to paint the ground, and Vultures are going to fly above our heads.

At that instant, Taehyung could only see the image of Jungkook's dead body, which made him immediately halt in his place, followed by everyone else. "There is no time to daydream. We need to hurry," Exime yelled at Taehyung to bring him back to reality.

Upon hearing Exime's words Taehyung shook his head and said, "Now I understand why Hoseok was scared out of his wits. We should head back and get Jungkook. They'll kill him." He rushed back inside the building, refusing to leave Jungkook.

However, the moment he stepped a foot inside the mammal's building again, he was met by five guards pointing their guns at him. Taehyung kept stumbling backwards upon seeing them, but his body stopped moving when his eyes caught a glimpse of an unconscious Jungkook, who was being carried by one of the guards with blood dripping from his arm.

"We didn't kill him yet. If you don't surrender quietly, we're going to kill every single one of your other friends," The one in command of those guards warned Taehyung.

"O-other!" Taehyung stammered as he tried to deny the possibility of everyone failing to escape.

"Yes, all the other thingummies are held up at the restricted area as we speak now. You can read my mind if you doubt that I might be lying." As the guard said, Taehyung went through his mind and found out that he was right. Everyone was caught, as mentioned, and Taehyung's team was the only remaining one which made him realize that there were no more options left for them other than surrendering.

Before any of Tae's team could protest, Taehyung said, "They will kill everyone except for Yoonji if anyone acted on his own accord. I know what's running through your minds, so please accept it, and let's meet the others, even if it was for a brief moment."

The guards lead the thingummies to the restricted area where everyone else was. However, unexpectedly they were met by a blood bath. A large number of soldiers were lying lifeless on the floor with blood gushing out of their heads. A rush of excitement ran through Sabre's spine upon seeing such a scene, but that excitement perished when his sharp sight caught a glimpse of Taemin.

"Taemin is gone," Sabre announced to everyone since he was the only one who could make out the dead thingummy's body from such a distance.

"Damn it, I warned him to be careful," Taehyung dejectedly stated as they started to approach their destination.