Chapter 48 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

Standing in the hallway with lily in my arms and next to Kole, I try to figure out how to keep lily from telling Damon about what Kole just did.

"Kole, I'm going to take lily back to her room." I tell him before walking off, not letting him get the chance to speak.

Once we're in her bedroom, I lay her down in bed and tuck her in as I take a seat beside her.

"Daddy's going to be mad." She says while playing with her fingers.

I let out a sigh and grab her hand in mine, "I know bubbles but that's why we can't tell him."

She instantly shakes her head as a sob escapes her mouth and her eyes begin to water, "But then d-daddy will be mad at me if I don't te-tell him and I don't want daddy m-m-mad at me."

"Bubbles." I pull her to my chest and wrap my arms around her as she cries. "Daddy isn't going to get mad at you, I promise that he won't."

She continues crying for about two more minutes before she moves back and wipes her face with the back of her hands, "What if he does? Daddy doesn't like s-secrets."

I gently push her hair back from out of her face and place a kiss on her forehead, "Bubbles, look at me."

She lifts her head up and looks at me with teary, wide eyes.

"One thing I know for sure is that daddy will never get mad at you. You're his princess, remember?" I tell her with a small smile, which she returns.

I take a shaky, deep breath before saying, "Can I ask you something bubbles?"

She nods her head and waits for me to ask my question.

"Do you-" I place a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Do you want to be a big sister?"

Her eyes go wide and a smile appears on her face, "Yes, yes, yes mommy!"

She bounces up and down in her spot as I laugh and relief washes over me. I was actually really nervous to talk to lily about this. Imagine how nervous I'll be when I tell Damon.

"Are you going to give me a little brother, mommy?" She asks me with hopeful eyes.

My eyebrows furrow while I keep a smile on my face, "Umm, I don't know yet bubbles. You don't want a baby sister?"

She shakes her head, "No because then daddy will call her princess and I want to be his princess."

I gently rub my knuckles against her soft cheek, "I don't think he will ever call anyone else his princess."

She smiles widely, "Mommy, are you going to bring my brother home tomorrow?"

I let out a sigh and scoot closer to her, "Bubbles, do you remember when I told you that I had a ba-... a baby in my tummy?"

"Yes." She slowly looks up to the ceiling. "You said the baby left to heaven."

My eyes start to blur with tears as my mind fills with the memory that I lost my recent baby.

I take a shaky deep breath before slowly exhaling and finally saying, "Well, now mommy has another baby in her tummy."

Lily's eyes go wide as she looks at me before her eyes drop to my stomach, "Did daddy give you a baby again?"

I release a soft laugh and nod my head, "Yeah, he did."

Lily reaches her hand out and gently places it on my stomach, "My brother is coming out tomorrow?"