Chapter 15 - 🖤

•Damon's POV ~

Walking into my home, I try to make it to my room unnoticed before my mother sees me and starts her interrogation.

Lily woke up before us early this morning at seven. I felt her moving around on the bed so I got up to make the three of us some breakfast. She stayed by my side to help while Roxie continued sleeping.

After we finished cooking and I had served the breakfast, Roxie ran into the kitchen looking disoriented. I was confused at first but once I saw her visibly relax at the sight of Lily, I realized she was scared. Lily and I weren't beside her when she woke up. She probably thought the worst had happened.

I coaxed Roxie and managed to calm her down before giving her the breakfast we made. The three of us ate together at her table while Lily chatted away about us baking some cookies which I learned are her favorite.

Particularly... chocolate chip.

After another hour had passed, I told them both that I had to leave. Lily tried using puppy dog eyes to get me to stay and while she did look adorable, I really needed to get home. I used another five minutes to say goodbye before Lily agreed to let me go.

I guess luck wasn't on my side this morning because my mom yells from the dining room as soon as I begin walking to the stairs, "Damon, get your ass over here now!"

Rolling my eyes, I walk into the dining room where everyone else is sitting, eating, and chatting. I stroll up to my mom and place a kiss on her cheek before she hits me on the head.

"What the hell did you do that for?" I ask as I rub the spot she smacked me on.

"That's for rolling your eyes at me before coming in here." Then she hits my arm, "and that is for not being here yesterday."

Everyone starts to laugh and I give them a death glare, causing them all to shut up and begin eating their food again.

"How did you know I rolled my eyes?" I ask, looking back at her.

"Oh, Figlio. I'm your mother... I know everything." She tells me while gesturing for me to sit in my usual seat which is at the head of the table.

I sit down and one of the maids brings me my breakfast even though I'm not that hungry since I already ate at Roxie's house.

"So, where were you yesterday? What was so important that you decided to be there instead of spending quality time with your family?" My mom asks while cutting into her pancakes.

My girls, I thought to myself. They are what was so important.

"I thought you knew everything," I tell her before eating a piece of bacon.

She gives me her look that tells me if I don't stop being a smart ass, she'll beat my ass in front of everyone right here, right now.

I sigh and decide to tell her. I want Roxie and my princess to come over for the New Years' ball anyways so they're going to eventually meet each other.

I take a sip of my coffee before telling her, "I was at my girls' place."

Everyone at the table drops their forks and freezes to look at me, except for Kole and Jax who already knew about her.

My mom looks at me wide-eyed with her jaw dropped. Then she screams and kisses my dad, "It's a miracle! He finally has a girlfriend! I don't have to look at any more of those unscrupulous women. God has finally answered my prayers and sent him the other half of his brain."

I roll my eyes at her for being so dramatic while a few people try to hide their laughs from me.

"I'm going to let that one slide since I'm too happy right now but what's her name? When am I going to meet my future daughter-in-law?" She asks me with a smile.