Chapter 8 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

In the past three weeks, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake off Damon. He seemed to be everywhere and it was nearly impossible for me to ignore him. Especially because he's my boss.

I ended up meeting his brother Jax, who was very nice to me. Damon told me that he has another brother but I haven't met him yet. Kole and I still don't get along.

I tried talking to him a few times so we could start fresh but he dismissed me every time after giving me snarky ass comments, earning himself a smack in the head from Damon.

A couple of times, Damon actually looked like he wanted to hit him in the face or worse. It made me a bit uneasy but Damon always seemed to notice because he would instantly calm down.

The last time Kole said something rude to me, Damon grabbed him by the throat and told him something too low for me to hear but just enough to make Kole apologize and run away with his tail between his legs.

He's never been rude to me since then. Actually, he's never acknowledged me now that I think about it. Hmm... I wonder what Damon told him.

As I was grabbing my purse from behind the bar and getting ready to leave, a voice that I know all too well spoke up, sending butterflies straight into my stomach.

"Go out to dinner with me tomorrow night." He tells me like it wasn't a question.

Standing up straight from behind the bar, I look at Damon, cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow at him.

He has been asking me out non-stop. Well, telling me to go out with him since I'm pretty sure he's never asked any girl out on a date a day in his life before.

I always declined and told him that I was busy. It wasn't necessarily a lie. I was busy spending my time with Lily. He doesn't need to know about that though. I know what you're thinking and no, he still doesn't know about Lily even though she basically knows about him thanks to Vanessa and her big mouth.

Surprisingly, Lily wants me to go out with Damon. She keeps telling me it would make her happy. She doesn't know that I know this but once when I was cleaning her room, I found drawings that she made. They were hidden in a shoebox underneath her bed.

They were all stick figure drawings of me holding one of Lily's hands and a man holding her other hand.

It doesn't take a genius to know that Lily was drawing a dad in her life... a family. I know she wants a father. Every child wants both parents but she only started drawing these pictures after Vanessa kept talking about Damon around her.

Now every time I see Damon, I can't help but imagine the three of us together. I always push those thoughts away as quickly as they come. I barely know Damon. He doesn't even know about Lily and although he acts as if he wants me now, that could easily change when he finds out about her... if he does.

Shaking my head, I focus all of my attention on Damon again and tell him bluntly, "I'm sorry, Damon. The answer is no."

Chuckling, he says, "No, I'm sorry. I wasn't asking, il mio amore."

I roll my eyes while I walk past him. He quickly wraps an arm around my waist, pulls me into his chest, and places his free hand on my ass while mumbling in my ear, "Roll your eyes at me again and I'll spank you."