Obsessions Part 30

"Jueri told me you had something to tell me."

Amane talked to Yumeko.

"Yes. I'm worried. There's a rumor spreading around that you have beaten Kirari Momobami in a gamble."

"That is nothing but simply a rumor."

"Ahhh. That's a shame. I wanted to gamble with her seriously for once. We always get interrupted when we near the climax. So, Murasame. Will you please gamble with me in her place?"

Yumeko pleaded.

"I cannot gamble anymore."

"But why? Gambling is very exciting."

Amane only smiled as an answer.

----

"I'm here to report."

Mary stood in front of Kirari in the council room.

"We're not going to be your puppet. We decided to work with the village to take you down. Your mother's right. Sharing the power is foolish. (Y/n) will be the president."

Mary walked out.

"President. Shall we move?" Sayaka asked.

"Yes, let's start."

Kirari said with a smile.

"(Y/n)... you're making me feel excited." she whispered.

----

"Oh. A broadcast from the council!?"

Suzui was in the hallway with other students when a screen lit up showing Kirari.

"Students of Hyakkaou. The rumor has reached my ears. You've been acting against my rules. Is it because of that group I heard? Is that where you all get your courage from? If that is so, I challenge you. Step up and show me your resolve."

She smiled. Then Sayaka went on screen.

"An event will be held tomorrow. Anyone can be a representative. Pairs of two will battle it out in a series of gambling matches. The winners will receive large amounts of cash. Also, the one who stands to the top and win the final match, will also receive a blank life plan sheet together with the prize money."

"One more thing. The student council will lend 10 mil to each student as a voting ticket. You will have to choose which side you think will win."

"If you chose the correct one, your money will be doubled and you won't have to pay it back."

"But if you chose wrong, you will give back the money lent to you. If you weren't able to pay back in time, you will be under the student council. Also, your pet status will not be lifted for a year. Additional debts will add to the time of your service."

"We've also decided that a member of the council can participate in their own will. Whichever side they choose is also up to them."

"We expect every student to make a gamble. Anyone who doesn't vote will be expelled."

"Choose carefully."

The screen went blank after Sayaka finished her explanation.

"A school wide gamble!!!??? Yumeko! I have to find Yumeko!!!"

Suzui ran.

----

"They've made their move!"

"Damn! They want us to gamble!"

"Arukibi what shall we do?"

The village was in an uproar. They were panicking. Murasame came in to check what was happening.