Obsessions Part 84

Rei stood a bit far, admiring Yumeko. She wanted to ask for her help too but she was too awestruck to move. This is a Jabami after all.

"She's definitely as gorgeous as miss Yui." Rei whispered to herself. "I have no idea wether I have the right to even stand beside her."

Yumeko was sitting with Ryota and Mary in the cafeteria, laughing. Mary noticed Rei's stare so she decided to pull the boy away with the excuse of buying more food. She took a glance at Rei who stood up and went to Yumeko with a smile.

"Good day." she spoke with such gentleness. The way she talked with those in school that she had charmed.

"Good day to you too, Rei." Yumeko smiled at her.

Rei's cheeks turned a little Rosy but she kept her cool in front of Yumeko.

"Do you need something?"

"I was only admiring your beauty. It seemed to me that looking from afar wasn't enough so when your friends left, I took the chance to be closer to you. We haven't had a lot of chances to talk before. Maybe we could know each other better?" Rei explained.

"I know you have something up your sleeves. But please count me out."

"I haven't even said anything yet about my plan."

"Do not relay to me any part of that plan. I wanna see it on Y/n's side and feel the same surprise she would. Ahh. Y/n and I... sharing the same feeling. whether it is pain or extreme delight... I want us to share the same emotions for that one moment. Don't disappoint me." Yumeko declined even before the proposal was made. She stood up and left Rei alone.

"She really is something else." Rei chuckled. "Truly fit to be a Jabami. Just like her."

------

"Tsumugi? What are you doing?"

Tsumugi was creeping behind a bush, she hushed Sayaka who noticed her and pulled her down.

"Shhh! Be quiet. She might hear me."

"Who?"

Tsumugi nodded towards a person standing alone. It was Mary. The both watched as the blonde finished talking over the phone. She glanced around and then left.

"What's wrong?" Sayaka asked.

"She's too suspicious."

"Suspicious how?"

"I don't know. I just have this gut feeling that she's hiding something. I don't like it."

"You're being paranoid, Tsumugi. Don't jump to conclusions that fast. Get back to class." Sayaka stood up and ruffled the other's hair before leaving.

"You're acting suspicious too, Sayaka." she whispered to herself. "Something's definitely up and I won't stop until I figure it out."

She followed the path where Mary had left, searching everywhere until she finally found her again. This time she wasn't alone. Tsumugi hid and watched as another student handed an envelope to Mary.

"That's just half of what we agreed on. After everything's done, you can have the other half of the deal." The student said.

Mary opened the envelope and took out a large amount of cash. She inspected it before putting them back. She smirked and crossed her arms over her chest.

"It'll be done without a hitch. I promise you. I'll make sure Y/n gets what she deserves."

"I'm counting on you then."

"I won't disappoint. But for the plan to proceed perfectly, we must exterminate the pests first."

"I agree."

Both of them looked at where Tsumugi was. But before the latter could escape, Mary had already ran and caught her.

"I saw everything! I'm gonna tell Y/n!" Tsumugi exclaimed.

"Tell Y/n what?"

"About your plan!"

"And what is that plan?"

"I.... I have no idea.... But still! I know it's something bad! I'm not gonna let you do that to Y/n! She's an idiot but she's a friend! I don't know why you're doing this. You know her much longer than me and you're exchanging her for money!? What kind of friend are you!?"

"You know nothing, you shrimp." Mary gritted her teeth angrily. "I need this money to save my family from loan sharks."

"Is that enough reason to sacrifice Y/n!? You could've just asked her for help! She won't let you down! If it's just money you want, she have them all now! All you have to do was ask! She'll never refuse you!"

"It's not that easy!"

"It is! Y/n is not hard to approach! You're just too full of yourself to try!"

"Shut up! You know nothing! You-"

"Saotome." Rei spoke behind her. "Let me handle this."

Mary nodded and let go of Tsumugi. She huffed then looked away.

"Tsumugi, was it?"

"Hmp."

"You've got some attitude, don't you?" Rei talked to her with a gentle smile. "Why don't we have a deal? I'll gamble with you and promise that if I lose, I'll leave and won't pester Y/n ever again. Sounds good right?"

"Deal! I'm not gonna lose to you!"

"Good. You're quite easy to talk to. But I shouldn't be the only one wagering something. Hmm. How about, If you lose, you'll help us with our plan? That's fair, right?"

"What!? Why would I help you!? I'm not doing anything that's gonna put that idiot in danger!"

"You already said deal. Don't tell me you're a person who's all talk but backs out in the end? Or maybe you're afraid of me? Are you scared you'll lose?"

"Never! Only Y/n is allowed to defeat me! Plus I never back down on my words! Let's gamble, now!"

"Tsk. You're an idiot too." Mary whispered.

She watched silently as the match commenced.

------

yea... okay... 👀
I can't remember how these characters acted on previous chapters
😭🤣😭🤣😭

goodnight 💀☠️💀