Obsessions Part 90

This is it. Another year, another school, a whole new journey.

Taking a deep breath, you fixed the blazer you wore then leaned down to grab your bag. Clutching tightly on a coin you held on your other hand,  you took a step outside this home where you had shared with the people most important to you.

Thinking back, they shaped you into who you are right now, albeit the twistedness of their ways, you had your fair share of excitement with them. If it weren't for everyone, you would've stayed alone your whole life. Now you've earned yourself a group of trusting friends, a new family and a lover that's extremely gorgeous, intelligent and had mad skills in gambling.

"Speaking of lovers, Mom and Yui are now dating. Never thought it would really happen but, oh well, as long as she's happy."

"Who are you talking to?" Ririka said. She came out of the house just a bit after you when she heard you talking.

"Uhm. Myself?"

"Weirdo." she said and went ahead.

You followed her. Every step you took made you feel giddy. You are entering a whole new territory, after all. You rode the car that was awaiting you, nervousness filling you up every second that passes. Your legs began to tremble as the vehicle drove past the buildings with unbelievable speed, but still, it felt like an eternity had passed before you reached your destination.

"Hm? A message?" you took out your phone when you heard the tone. A smile appeared on your lips as you read. Mugi messaged you, It was only a simple goodluck but it meant a lot to you. She was harsh but was a big help during your reign as a President. You thought she would be sad when Hyakkaou got demolished but she cried in happiness. You remembered what she uttered, 'It's finally over. No more pet system.'

'Right. Mugi had to transfer to another school because of what happened. But she seemed to be happier now that her sister finally came home. Apparently, the man she was inlove with, refused her proposal for marriage. He said he was gay. Talk about a twist.'

"We are here, ma'am," your chaffeur spoke, taking you out of your revery.

"Ah. Yes, thank you." you answered.

Stepping out of the car and into the open, you took note of the cold wind that blew past you. A stray lock of your hair grabbed your attention. You tucked it behind your ear, at the same time, gazed at the magnificence that is in front of you. The entrance to your new school was jaw-droppingly gorgeous and this was just the front. You excitedly ran inside and it felt like a flash of blinding light covered your vision.

"What... the..."

"You're really weird. You think you're in an anime? You're embarrassing to walk around with. I'm going on ahead, I have to make a call to Mary too." Ririka said and ran off somewhere.

"Sheesh. Even Mary. Now I wonder how Yumeko's doing? She said she wanted to follow me here. I guess she got sidetracked, probably taking care of an added Jabami. Or maybe she's preparing another grand entrance. I can never know for sure with that girl. Anyway, I'm sure she would love this university too."

You looked around and as Ririka had told you before, people have started to gamble left and right. The fluttering of cards as they were shuffled entered your ear. The smell of money getting passed around from the losers to the winners wafted through the area as well. Strangely, it made your nerves calm down. It felt extremely familiar.

Amongst the different noises though, a distinct sound made you scrunch your nose in irritation. A jingling mettalic rhythm. You easily recognized the students treated as pets through this. Instead of a tag, a leather collar was attached to their necks, connecting to a chain that's also linked to a bracelet with the same material as the neck accesory. You discerned they must be the 'master'.

"Ah, this is so Sachiko. Did she implant this idea? Midari will like this too, I guess. Anyway, if Sayaka saw this and knew I went here, she would be extremely worried for me. Well, no use crying over it. I can't back out now."

Yes. Today, your university life truly begins in this chaotic world. But before all that, you had something on your mind that you had to do. You scanned the area once more. Since class hasn't begun, the one you're looking for is probably only loitering around, gazing at her creation of madness.

Your eyes stopped wandering. There she is, surrounded by a swarm of charming and obviously rich people. She giggled as if she hadn't done anything unnecessary. She looked so innocent. So lovely.

It seemed she hadn't noticed you yet so you stepped closer. Some of the students that did notice you were eyeing you like prey. They stared intently at you, maybe also wondering who you might be. You ignored them and went straight for the person you needed to confront. Her blue orbs thrusted on you as she finally took a gander of your presence. Her smile widened, became more sincere. She turned her whole body towards you giving you all her attention, making the other students do the same.

"Finally. You made me wait for too long, my love." she said.

You stopped walking with only a few distance separating the two of you. You gave her a stern look but that only made her appear more pleased. She waited for you to speak.

"Kirari. I'm here now."

"Here to stop me?" she snickered.

"You know me."

You grinned at her, then tossed your coin with exteme height and precision. Both your eyes locked on each other, shining dangerously bright. Your faces turned into crimson as the coin you threw continued to spin in the air.

She spread her arms out, seemingly welcoming you. A smirk now plastered on your lips as a feeling of certain ecstacy overcoming your whole being enveloped you. You hastily grabbed onto the coin as it appeared into your field of vision with your fist inclined in her direction. Then, like you can feel each other's overflowing emotions, like you can read what each other was thinking, both of you spoke at the same time...

"Saa, kakegurui masho."

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

This really is the end
I'm glad to have you all on this journey
Thank you for reading
See you on the next story (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤