Obsessions Part 66

You stepped on the stage. The whole student body stood in front of you, waiting for you to speak. Including the new first-year students that have entered the academy.

"Today, you are officially part of Hyakkaou Private Academy. We expect every single one of you to follow the rules and regulations that will be explained to you later on." You said.

You gave your speech confidently then Sayaka gave a short orientation about the new rules. After that, you stood on stage once more to give your final greetings and dismiss the students.

"Again, I welcome you all to Hyakkaou. I-"

"How long will these boring speeches go!?" A student at the front shouted. "You! Miss President! I challenge you for your position!"

The student pointed at you. You could hear the murmurs of the other students all around. Sayaka stepped in front of you and took the mic.

"Learn to respect the President! You should-"

"Sayaka." You cut her off. "It's alright. I'll handle it."

Sayaka bowed to you. She bared her teeth at the student who challenged you before stepping away.

"Hmph." Mary, who was standing beside the stage, flipped her hair. She smiled proudly at you.

"Y/n looks so cool," Yumeko said.

"As she should be," Mary uttered.

Back on stage, you gestured for the student to join you. She jumped up and stood in front of you.

"Why, you," Sayaka whispered.

"What's your name?" you asked.

"Tsumugi! Tsumugi Hanatemari!" the first year beamed.

"Ha..hana…." Mary stuttered. "Hanatemari!?"

Your attention went to Mary and then back to the first year. You gestured for Sayaka to bring a table which she immediately obeyed. The two of you sat down, staring each other off.

"I'll get back at you for what you've done to my sister. I'll destroy this pet system you've made!" Tsumugi said.

You cocked your eyebrow at the kid. She must've mistaken you for someone else.

"President. Are you sure?" Sayaka whispered. She stood behind you.

"Of course, Sayaka. Let's show everyone the power of the student council," you said.

You removed your gloves and took something out of your pocket. You threw it upwards.

"Let's start with my favorite."

You swung both your hands rapidly and tried to catch the coin. You slammed them on the table, palm down.

"I'll give you only one chance. If you could give me the right answer, you can have my position," you said.

"Tsk. Don't underestimate me. That's so easy."

The kid was about to choose but you stopped her.

"Ah. Not so fast. I can't be the only one betting something right?"

"I've got the cash. I'll bet everything."

"You think money is enough for being president? I won't accept."

"Then what do you want me to bet!?"

"Hmm. How about… Your life?"

You chuckled while Sayaka put down a notebook in the middle of the table.