6 • The Howling Commandos

The Howling Commandos were singing loudly, but stopped when a jaw dropping sight walked by.

Peggy and Daniela walked in, dressed to the nines.

Peggy looked fine in the red dress she was wearing, hair curled to perfection, bold red lipstick displaying her confidence.

And next to her, Dani was trying to be as normal as possible in her dress and heels.

She was wearing a long, pleated dark blue dress with 3/4 sleeves, trying her best not to trip on the fabric. She had on some fairly simple black heels, which seemed quite high to her although they were really just normal size. Her hair was meticulously curled and pinned in different places to make it look more elegant. Steve could see that she was wearing some expensive crystal earrings and a small silver necklace, but instead of a regular pendant, her mother's wedding ring was on the necklace, shimmering like on the day of her wedding.

Steve and Bucky stood as they saw the two friends talking.

"Why are you so worried?" Peggy whispered.

"Because it's a dress! It's a dress that shows way too much of my chest, and I'm definitely gonna trip with these heels. I am used to wearing a military uniform and combat boots!" Dani whisper shouted.

"You look fine. Look, he's there. Just don't make it awkward." Peggy said, nudging her forward a little. Dani tripped and stumbled into someone, and without looking at who it is, flipped Peggy off.

Dani then looked up at person and smiled shyly at the smirk and cocked brow on his face.

"Hi."

"Hello. You made quite the entrance." Steve said.

"Yeah I know, I look awkward." Dani said.

"No, no, you look...nice." Steve breathed out, and Dani smiled as his cheeks heated up.

"Thank you. So do you, Captain." Dani said, giving him a light peck on the lips.

"Bucky!" Dani said, hugging him.

"Hey, you look great!" Bucky replied, hugging back.

"Thank you. Oh, here, you should meet Peg." Dani said, walking behind Peg and pushing her forward. She didn't land in Bucky's arms, because she could handle the heels and dress, but landed right in front of him.

"That's what you get." Dani whispered, and Bucky laughed at her antics.

"Peggy, this is Sergeant Barnes. Bucky, this is Agent Carter." Dani said.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty." Peggy smirked.

"Yeah. Them." Bucky shrugged, looking over at the soldiers who were not so discreetly staring at the women engaging in conversation with Steve and Bucky.

"Dani, don't tell me you had a say in picking your team and you chose this." Peggy said.

"They're the best of the best. Funny, strong, Gabe is kinda cute." Dani said.

"I am right here." Steve said.

"I'm kidding." Dani smiled.