5 • Operation Save Bucky

They arrived in an area where they can hear some noise, seemingly miserable conversation. Steve and Dani took it as a sign that they were in the right place for prisoners.

Dani stabbed a guard in the shoulder but he put up a fight, attempting to punch her. It wasn't exactly a good punch and she roundhouse kicked him on top of one of the cells. All the prisoners looked up at his unconscious body and saw Steve and Dani.

"Motherfucker." She mumbled.

"The idea is to be quiet." Steve said, in a more hushed tone.

"I'm not that loud." Dani said, and the soldiers stared up at them in shock and confusion.

"Who are you supposed to be?" One asked.

"I'm Captain America." Steve said.

"And you?" Another asked, looking to Dani.

"I'm his bitch." Dani smirked, and Steve's eyes widen before giving her a more seruous look.

"She's known as Agent Kingsley. That was a joke." Steve said.

"Was it?" Dani asked as Steve rolled his eyes playfully.

"Save the soldiers now, flirt with me later." Steve said.

"I can do both." Dani grinned.

"I beg your pardon?" Another soldier asked, before Steve and Dani came down to where they were, and unlocked the cells.

"What, are we taking everybody?" A soldier asked.

"I'm from Fresno, Ace." Another said, pulling out his dog-tags.

"Is there anybody else?" Steve asked.

"We're looking for a Sergeant James Barnes." Dani said, all of the soldiers following her and Steve.

"There's an isolation Ward in the factory. No one's ever come back from it." One soldier said.

"Alright." Steve said.

"The tree line is North-west, 80 miles past the gate. Get out fast and give 'em hell." Dani said.

"We'll meet you guys in the clearing with anybody else we find." Steve said. The two began to run off, but are stopped by the voice of one of the soldiers.

"Wait, you know what you're doing?" He asks, and Dani gives all the soldiers a look that reads something along the lines of 'of course we do'.

"Yeah." Dani shugge.

"We've knocked out Adolf Hitler over 200 times."

✧✧✧

Steve and Dani walked down an empty corridor, before a short, older man came into view, carrying a large bag full of papers and books, and holding on to his hat. The three stared at each other for a single moment, before he ran off and turned the corner.

"Who the hell was that?" Steve asked.

"I don't know, but we probably have to kill him at some point." Dani said nonchalantly, entering the room he had left, pulling out her gun in case. They entered and saw a familiar shade of brown hair greet them, the person it belonged to mumbling 'Sergeant three-two-five-five-seven'.

"Bucky!" Dani and Steve shouted, running over to and hugging him. They quickly unstrapped him from the operating table.

"Oh my god." Steve gasped.

"Is that...?"

"It's us, Buck. It's Steve. Dani and Steve. Come on." Steve said, pulling him up.