Chapter 15:Dangerous Secrets:Nimue

Nimue woke up this morning feeling like today was going to be a good day.
   Her day started off fine but turned bad when she accidentally broke a flower pot in Charms and literally rip the water out of the plant leaving it a dry, empty husk. Her water manipulation or "elemental water magic", Hurricane called it, was getting harder to control.
   She wasn't use to not doing it, she was use to doing it every day back on her home island.
   She felt like she was going to burst from not using her ability, there was a constant nagging sensation at the back of her mind that she been ignoring for the last few days.
   She managed to get through her first two classes without any suspicion from anyone. But that all changed when she got mad in Potions trying to wash her tools and she was an idiot for thrusting her hands down towards the water. When the water exploded in her face like that, she'd felt Kaya's and Whiteout's eyes on her so she quickly finished up and stormed out of the room to avoid any questions from either of them.
She didn't want Kaya to know or she might tell Kumaglak and he might tell the Elders.
   She didn't want to lie to her new friends or to the Elders. But she didn't also want them to call her a witch or a freak, she been called a witch and freak behind her back her whole life. She didn't want anyone at Sanctuary to think of her like that, here she was free of her old life, her past that no one knew of except Hurricane. But she also didn't want to lose her friends even though Kumaglak was a pain he was still her friend, and she didn't want the Elders to think of her untrustworthy.
She didn't know what to do.
   She didn't want to lie, but she wanted to tell someone so they would understand if something happen like this incident in Potions.
   Nimue just wished she could start they day all over and tell Kaya and Kumaglak the truth before they left the dormitory, and maybe tell the Elders, maybe Anaba, later that day. But if she told Anaba would she shun her like her family and village did because she was different?
"Stop worrying about it Nimue. Just tell them once they spilled their guts." Hurricane said to her, hearing her thoughts.
"Wait what do you mean?"
"What do you think I mean?"
She puzzled over what Hurricane said on the whole way to the Great Hall.
Nimue was so lost in her thoughts that she almost walked into one of the stone fire columns by the doors to the Great Hall. Fortunately Kumaglak and Kaya walked faster than her and didn't see her, Kumaglak being the funny idiot he was would have laughed or tried to make a joke out of it. She honestly didn't know how Kaya dealt with him for eight years.
She quickly composed herself and followed them into the hall.
   She sat down with them and grabbed some chicken, bread, and fruit.
She'd quickly lost her appetite when she looked at the twins conversing on the other side of the table and the Elders talking in hushed tones amongst themselves as she thought of the multiple scenarios that could happen.
She was pretty sure she could trust Kaya and Anaba, but she was still wary of Kumaglak not knowing who he might tell if she every told him.
"Are you all right?" Kaya's voice said interrupting her swirling mind.
"Ya, I'm fine." She said felling guilty for not telling them the truth.
"Are you sure? You've hardly touched your food." Kumaglak asked staring at her.
She kept her gaze down unable to meet those eerie, light, icy blue eyes, and said, "Really, I'm fine." More sternly that what she should have said it.
   Then she felt bad for being mean to them, even Kumaglak. They were just trying to be good friends by showing her concern. "I'm sorry, I'm just really stressed right now. I—"
"You don't need to be stressed, Nimue," Kaya interrupted. "I'm pretty sure we're all stressed, I know I am. So don't worry about it, it will only stress you out more."
She wasn't just stressed out from training so far, she was stressed out about her inner struggle to tell the truth about her water magic/manipulation abilities. And she decided she was going to tell Kaya first and see how she reacted. If she reacted all right she'd tell Kumaglak, if not she'd ask Kaya not to tell him. She'd tell Anaba maybe after training, she wasn't exactly sure when to tell her, but she could tell from Anaba's expressions, attitude and aura, that she didn't like being lied to. Especially if said person is right under her nose and she really didn't want to face Anaba's wrath if she didn't tell her soon.