Chapter 4:A Suprising Discovery:Nimue:A Week Later

It had been a week since Nimue had bonded with Hurricane. He had approved of the name on the night she had bonded with him.
   The day after she had bonded with him, she woke up to find Hurricane sleeping right next to her.
   She had gotten out of bed, and changed, and went into the kitchen, and found things the way she normally did.
   Her father eating breakfast at the table, her mother cleaning up and her sister, Tatiana eating soft food their mother gave her.
   Nimue walked over to the table, and sat down next to Tatiana.
   Hurricane had walked over to her mother, and looked up at her clearly begging for something to eat. Her mom gave him some fish scraps, and her some fish, a coconut and a banana.
   She said thanks to her, and ate her breakfast, while her father got up from the table to go fishing.
   Nimue asked him if she could go, but he said no in a gruff voice.
   After breakfast her mother had started asking her questions like what's his name, and when Nimue told her she just simply nodded.
   It had been like this all week since she had bonded with Hurricane.
   Her father would always say no when she asked to go fishing with him, her mother would just ask questions about Hurricane, Kala, her and father's fight, and why she had been out swimming that day. She would answer all her questions and her mother would just nod her head like she didn't care.
   While she answered her mother's questions Tatiana would play with Hurricane and he would play right back.
   It was the seventh day of this, and she was starting to get tired of this same song and dance routine.
   She had just woken up to find Tatiana and Hurricane curled up together sleeping next to her. She recalled her  lmother asked her if Tatiana could sleep in her bed since she didn't want to sleep in her own bed last night.
   Tatiana and Hurricane had grown close over the past six days playing together and hardly stayed out of each other's sight for long.
   Nimue quietly got up, and changed, and went into the kitchen.
   Before she even sat down her father said, "I've been thinking about this, but would you like to come along to go fishing this morning?"
    She just stared at him in disbelief. She had been asking him all week if she could go and now he just asks her if she wanted to go along. 
   "Really?" She asked him, looking surprised.   
   "Yes really," he replied.
   She felt so happy.
   Maybe Kala was right and her father didn't hate bee. But hated himself for not loving her more. This was how he was showing her that he loved her, by letting her go along with him to go fishing.
   She had always wanted to use one the village's canoes to go fishing in. She had seen people in her village use them before and always wanted to learn how to sail one. Maybe he would teach her, she thought hopefully.        
   "Thank you," she thanked him,
   Her father just nodded.
   "Eat breakfast fast and then will go." He told her.
   "Can I bring Hurricane along?" She asked, looking at him hopefully.
   He looked at her, and then nodded his head yes.
   "Thank you! Thank you!" She exclaimed, running into her room to get Hurricane.
   When she bursted into her room, Hurricane immediately shot up into a sitting position, waking Tatiana up.
   Nimue picked up her sister, and brought her into the kitchen, and put her in her chair.
   "Hey Hurricane were going fishing today," Nimue told him.
  "Really? Does that mean I get to go swimming?" He asked.
   "I guess so, as long as you don't chase the fish away," she responded.
   "I won't scare the fish away. I'll chase them into the cages," he said.
   "Let me ask my dad first before you go swimming," she said to him.
   "Okay," he replied.
   Nimue went back into the kitchen, and asked her father, "Can Hurricane go swimming? He said he'll scare the fish into the cages."
   Her dad looked at her, and then at Hurricane, who had just joined me.
   "Fine, but only if he scares the fish into the cages if he goes swimming," he said to them.
   "Thank you, he's so happy!" I exclaimed to him, relaying Hurricane's gratitude.
    Hurricane started flapping his wings and roaring in happiness.
   "Well are you ready to go?" Her father asked them.
   "Yes, we both are," she said.
   "Grab the cages and I'll get the canoe ready," he told her.
   "Okay," She said, as she ran out of the the house and around to the back to get the cages.
   With Hurricane right behind her, they found the four cages, that were about four feet long and about two feet wide.
   She grabbed them and ran down to the shore was where her father was waiting for her; he already had the canoe in the shallows. 
   She stepped into the knee high water and walked over to the canoe. She put the cages in the canoe and placed Hurricane and in before climbing in herself.
   Once she was in her father pushed them out a little further before jumping in and opening the sail. Causing them to start moving through the water and towards the reef, the boundary before complete open ocean. The areas behind the reef were semi deep and got deeper the closer you got to the reef, the deepest depth was probably a hundred feet or so.
   As they moved along, she went to the side and put her hand in the water rushing past them, it's coolness seeping into her making her feel free.
   Hurricane was in the front, letting the wind blow through his feathers, making him look like a scaly bird with feathers on his head and tail.
   Nimue laughed at him and her father just smiled at him.
   Hurricane looked back and let his tongue roll out like a dog. That made her laugh even more because he looked so goofy. Even her father gave a hearty laugh.
   After about fifteen minutes, they made it to a fishing spot about mile from the reef that surrounded most of the island making it hard for most large ships to get to the island.
   She looked out towards the reef wanting to go beyond it. She had never swam pass them before because of the large and ruff waves.
   Maybe her and Hurricane could go past them someday when he was big enough.
   "Okay, grab the cages and throw them in and tie them to the canoe," her father said, while demonstrating to her.
   She copied him, and threw one in and tied it to the canoe.
   Hurricane had already disappeared into the water, his dark shape easy to see at the surface. But harder to see as he went down, his dark blue-black scales blending in with the dark water below.
   After about seven minutes of looking over the edge of the canoe waiting for Hurricane, she started to get worried about Hurricane. She didn't know if he could breath underwater or how long he could hold his breath. She could barely feel him which gave her a little comfort knowing if he was still alive.
    Then she saw something moving down below a good fifty feet, it looked like two fish being chased by something long. As they got closer she realize it was Hurricane chasing two barracudas. He chased them right into the cage, and came to the surface, and took a few deep breaths before going back under.
    Then getting up, she pulled up the cage of barracudas Hurricane just caught. When she got them in the canoe and looked at them she noticed one was about a foot long the other was about two feet long.
   When her father saw the barracudas, he said, "Ain't too bad, ain't too bad at all."
   "Ya, they aren't," she agreed with him.
   She looked back over the edge, and saw a parrot fish go into a cage, and she pulled up that cage as well.
   "Well I say we got a pretty good haul." Her father said.
   She heard a splash ,and saw Hurricane in the water with a angelfish in his jaws.
   She helped him into the boat were he started eating his fish.
   Her father pulled in the rest of the cages, and sat down in the back, and opened the sail, and directed the canoe towards the island.
   They started towards the island, and tied the canoe down when they got back.
   Her father grabbed the fish, and said to her, "Nimue, can you put the other cages away and go get some water from the steam, to wash the fish in?"
   "Ya," she responded.
   She went outside, and grabbed the bucket,, and made her way down to the stream.
   On the way to the stream she saw a few adults look up from what they were doing to glare at her after what happened six days ago by the so called embarrassed them in front of Kala.
    But when they saw Hurricane their mouths dropped open, this was pretty much the first time anyone besides her family had seen Hurricane. This was the first time she had ever seen them so speechless, She thought it was absolutely hilarious. Usually they always had something mean or hateful to say about her.
   This was basically the first time Hurricane had walked around in the village. Her mother had made her keep him inside till this whole thing had blown over so she also could draw less attention to herself.
   Nimue just continue walking till they arrived  outside of the village.
   Then she heard a ten year old boy about a hundred and twenty feet away talking to a small group of kids all around his age and a little younger.
   "Pff, I could have done that easily. That dumb little dragon didn't know what it was thinking, she probably forced it to bond with her or something. My dad says she's secretly a witch, and that's why she's so weird. And that's why her parents hate her. I also wouldn't cry if my father yelled at me," he said.
   Nimue just ignored the rude comments, and kept walking.
   She then sense that Hurricane wasn't going to let this go as easy as she did by all the anger radiating off him.
   "Just let it go Hurricane," she said to him.
   Hurricane didn't reply.
  When she looked down he wasn't there.
   She frantically looked around for him and then spotted him moving quickly and quietly through the bushes, towards the group of kids.
   She dropped the bucket down, and followed him just as quietly as him to try and stop him.
   "Hurricane! Don't even think about it, you'll get me in trouble."
   He still didn't answer. He just kept moving closer and closer to the boy.
   When they were about ten feet away from the boy and his friends, she had to stop or else they might see or hear her.
   "Stop! Stop! Please," she begged Hurricane desperately, already imagining what would happen to her if Hurricane attacked the boy.  
   Hurricane still didn't reply.
   Nimue was forced to watch as Hurricane moved closer and closer to the group of kids. All that now separated her from Hurricane was the ears of the kids, who would surly tell their parents, who would then tell her parents. Thus getting her into trouble, for grabbing Hurricane by using it as a excuse to spy on them or to use Hurricane to attack them.
   That's when Hurricane stopped, looking ready to pounce.
   When the boy and the group of kids who talked rudely about her walked by Hurricane's bush, Hurricane jumped out of the bush and grabbed onto the boy's leg. Hurricane wrapped his wings and legs around his leg so they couldn't be seen easily. He then wrapped his tail around his leg so he couldn't get Hurricane off. Then he flared up his feathers on his head and stuck out his tongue like a snake, and started hissing at him.
   When she looked at Hurricane he honestly looked more like a feathered snake than a dragon.
    The boy looked down in confusion at his leg and let out a girlish scream, screaming: "Help! Help! There's a demon on my leg! Help!"
   The other kids looked at him screaming and then looked at him like he was crazy.
   When they saw Hurricane they all screamed and started running away pushing each other out of the way yelling: "Monster! Monster!" "Mommy! I want my mommy!"
   "W-wait, w-w- where are you guys going! Help me! Please! Mulop I'm sorry! Please forgive me, please don't punish me! Please forgive me!" He said to the backs of the kids running away from him in fright, sounding scared.
   She was trying so hard not to laugh at this scene.
   Hurricane finally let go, and melted into the shadows as the boy ran off screaming his head off as loud as he could.
   As soon as Hurricane let go of his leg, he came over to her, and said, "I was just going to scare him a little," sounding amused. "I'll take all the blame if you get in trouble. I'll tell them it was my idea and that I didn't listen to you," he said to her.
   Then the sounds of people talking and the stomping in the trees reached her ears.
   She crawled out of the bushes, and made a run for it to the steam with bucket in her hand, Hurricane right beside her.
   While she was running she slipped on some loose rocks and fell rolling down the hill, getting scrapped up on her knees, legs, arms and elbows. Added with the scratches she got 
on her face from the bushes and rocks, she didn't feel too good.
   She pushed herself, wincing from the pain, and took off running again towards the stream already feeling a little better, but she took no notice of it.
   When she got to the stream, she dipped the bucket into the water, her hands joining the bucket in the water.
   That's when she felt the burning pain of her scratches fadd to a cooling sensation.
   When she looked all her scratches on her hands and arms had been, she found them gone. Vanished into thin air.
   She then noticed something she had never seen before. A silver spiral staring in the middle of her palm and fading out. She had felt a burning sensation in that area a week ago but never bothered to look. How cool and interesting, she thought. This must be the mark of a Dragon Rider.
   She then remember the mysterious disappearance of her scratches, and looked questionably at the steam, and then at Hurricane.
   "Hurricane do you know how my scratches disappeared?" She asked him.
   He didn't answer for a few minutes.
  Then he finally answered.
   "Yes, but Kala told me not to tell you till you got to the Rider Base."
   "Why not? What am I not suppose to know till I get to the Rider Base?" She asked him. What did Kala not want her to know yet?
   "I shouldn't even had said it, now I'm going to break my promise to Kala," he said gloomily.
   "Well telling me will get me to stop pestering you about for the next two years," she said to him.
   "Fine," Hurricane caved. "But when Kala finds out tell her you searched my mind when I was sleeping," he said.
   "Okay," she agreed. "Now tell me, pleaseeeeee." She begged him.
   "Okay, okay just don't do anything bad or else we're both in trouble if Kala finds out."
   "Excuse me but your the one who scared the heck out of that boy earlier, so don't talk to me doing bad things," she said to him.
   He just laughed, and said, "It was worth it, and besides he deserved it. He made fun of and insulted my Rider. Only I'm allowed to do that."
   "Who says? Cause I didn't say you could make fun of me."
"I did," he said.
   "Okay, stop delaying, now please tell me."  
   "Okay fine.... You can manipulate water, freeze water and heal with water like you just did on accident," he said.
   "Wait so your saying I can literally control water, like move it around, like those stories of that one Dragon Rider who could manipulate water because of her dragon. So your saying I can do that too because of my bond with you?" She asked, utterly bewildered by this.
   "Yes," he said, "and it will only get stronger as our bond grows. In the future you may be strong enough to stop a tidal wave, or manipulate a storm to go another direction." He said to her.
   When he finished she was speechless.
   She soon found her voice back.
   "How do I heal my other scratches or do I just do what the other Dragon Rider did in the story. Where she just put her hand over the water and did something to make it rise up to her?" Nimue asked.
   "Just put your hand over the steam and, concentrated on the water rising out of the stream, and up to your hand. Then once you've done that you put it on your scratches and imagine the water healing your scratches." He told her.
   She did as he said, and put her hand over the stream and concentrate on the water rising up to her hand.
   She stood there for a good six to eight minutes just starting at the water.
   She was starting to get frustrated and discouraged that nothing had happened yet.
   "Your not concentrating hard enough," he said to her.
   She kept trying and trying, feeling so exhausted that she wanted to fall asleep right then and there. But she kept telling herself to keep going and that something was bound to happen.
   Finally on her tenth try, she closed her eyes, and put her hand over the stream, and imagined the water slowly rising out of the stream and forming into a ball water in her hand.
   After three long minutes, she heard a soft splashing sound, and when she looked there was a small ball of water in her hand.
   She moved her hand slowly along with the ball of water, keeping her concentration, up to her arm.
  She pressed the water to the scratches, feeling the burning pain of the scratches fade into the same cooling sensation as before.
   After all her scratches were healed, she let go of her concentration, feeling absolutely exhausted.
   Despite her exhaustion, she picked up the bucket, almost not being able to, and looked up at the sky, and saw that it was about three hours before sunset. She had gone for about three hours. She was really going to be in trouble for this, and she thought today was going great. Well not anymore. She would most likely get yelled at for being gone so long and for Hurricane's little stunt earlier.
   Nimue walked as fast as she could with the bucket feeling her strength fading quickly.
   When they made it back, and she got into the house, she saw her mother cutting up the fish slowly. She probably had been doing that for the past three hours waiting for her, while her father and Tatiana were playing catch.
   When her father saw her, he got up, and took the bucket from her, and gave it to my mother, who then put the fish in it, and started washing it.
   "Where have you been?" Her father asked me in a gentle voice, clearly seeing she was a little wet on her arms, legs, and face.
   "Oh...uh I fell down the hill and got all muddy at the bottom. I had to wash myself off before coming inside," she said to him, then adding quietly. "You know mother would throw a fit if I dragged mud into the house."
   Her father laughed at that, quietly enough so that her mother couldn't heard.
Then she left the kitchen along with Hurricane, and went into her room, and flopped down on my bed, feeling so exhausted that she just wanted to sleep forever.
   Before she drifted off into a deep sleep, she felt Hurricane curl up at her side.

P.S. please tell me if you like it. And Hurricane is a fan made wings of fire tribe, which you'll find out later. The water manipulation I used from the fandom tribe and Avatar and the legend of Korra. Hope you like it.