Chapter 1:The Awakening:Kumaglak:Twelve years ago

Kumaglak and his sister, Kaya, were having a very intense snowball fight. Which of course she was winning. She had perfect aim, she threw hard, and was as fierce as a polar bear. She could also be competitive, something they both shared.
At the moment Kaya was beating him by attacking him from behind igloos, snow banks, and their makeshift snow forts.
Kumaglak was doing all right but he was more of a hand to hand combat or weapons person, not a range fighting person.
That was when someone in the village saw a lone traveler walking towards the village, from the top of one of the lookout mountains.
"A stranger walks toward the village, go get the chief."
He wondered who the stranger was.
   "Hey who is that?" He asked Kaya.
   "I don't know. Let's ask dad," she said.
   Chief Tuktu walked up to the cloaked stranger, and said, "Who are you?"
   Kumaglak and Kaya started running towards their dad, but were stopped by their mother. 
   "Hey, we want to go see who it is," Kaya said. 
   "Ya," He added.
   "No. Let your father handle this," their mother said.
   "But," they both protested at the same time. 
   "No, and that's final," she said in a stern voice.
   The cloaked figure took off their hood, revealing a beautiful women about forty years old. She had tan skin, black hair, and brown eyes. She was especially tall, taller than their dad, who was already a muscular built man and tall. What he noticed most was a bulky bag at her side, it looked like it had something rectangular in it.
   "My name is Anaba, and I am a Dragon Rider, and I am hear to see if any of your children are possible Dragon Riders," she said. "If any of them are Dragons I'll will be back in two years to take them to our base," she finished.
   "You want to take our children, monster!" One of the villagers said. Her comment was followed by many other angry shouts and rude words. But Anaba just stood their with a straight face and said nothing.
   "I have heard of Dragon Riders before, but how do I know you are one?" Their father asked.  
   "I could show you, but it is much too cold here for him. You'll just have to trust me, and how many travelers show up here with dragon eggs," she said. Then taking the box out of her bag, and opening it so their dad could see. "And claiming to be Dragon Rider." She said.  
   "True you are. I am Chief Tuktu of Arctica," their dad introduced himself.
   "It's nice to meet you Chief Tuktu, may I present the eggs to the children of your village ages five to twelve spirit animal or not," Anaba said.
  He thought this was just amazing. Dragon Riders and dragon eggs, just wow. Kumaglak wonder if he could be one?
   "Everyone ages five to twelve make a line in front of Anaba," the chief said.
   All the kids lined up in front of her.
   Kumaglak and Kaya were at the back because their mother held them back till everyone had got into line.
   She said to them: "Let your fellow villagers go first."
   They groaned between their teeth knowing if they complained they wouldn't get to be in the line at all. So they kept our mouths shut, and went to the back of the line.
   When they were all lined up, there were about twenty of them. There were three twelve year olds who were first; two eleven year olds behind the twelve year olds; three ten year olds behind them; four nine year olds; one eight year old; two seven year olds; Kumaglak and his sister were the only six year olds; And then there were the three five year olds in front of us.
   Anaba then placed the wooden box on one of the snow forts, and beckoned the first kid in line to come forward.
   "Come up and touch each egg," she gestured to the now opened box with a silver egg and silver-purple egg in it. "If it hatches you are a Dragon Rider, and you'll wait two years till I come and get you, if not then you may have another chance in the future. Go ahead, son, touch the egg for a moment and then touch the other one if nothing happens." She said to the boy up front.
   He went up and touched the silver egg for a moment, nothing happened. He then touched the silver-purple egg and again nothing happened.
   "Thank you, next," she said.
   The boy walked away looking upset, even though he already had a snowy owl perched on his shoulder.
   The next kid came up, she was also twelve, but didn't have a spirit animal. She also touched the eggs an nothing happened.
   When neither of them got the eggs to hatch Kumaglak realized that the chance of him getting a dragon was slim. There were still eighteen other kids who still had a chance. Making his chances even slimmer.
   The kids kept going up and waking away looking upset, disappointed. Some secretly looked mad or angry.
   He even heard a few parents say this thing was rigged, and that Anaba was just wasting their time, and none of their kids would be able to get the eggs to hatch. It seemed they were just mad because their kids didn't get a dragon.
   Kumaglak didn't even know what chance he had when there were still ten other kids, not counting him, who still had a chance. He was just the chief's son and future chief of his village. Kaya still has a chance, though, he thought.
   He then felt jealousy over take him. If Kaya got a dragon he would be so mad and jealous. That was then when he heard someone saying "next".
   "Son, you're next. Can you hear me?" Anaba said, looking at him.
   Kaya was poking him in the back, that was then when he came back to my senses. He suddenly felt his face grow warm and red with embarrassment.
   "What...oh me," he said, looking at Anaba and his parents.
   Anaba just simply nodded, and said, "It's your turn."
   He went up to the chest, and looked at his parents, and then up at Anaba, and took a deep breath, and touched the silver egg. Then removed my hand, and looked back at my parents again.
   Then he heard whispers and a small cracking noise.
   Kaya said, "Kumaglak, look!"
   He looked and what he saw was cracks forming on the shell. Then a little black head popped out of the silver shell. The little dragon looked at him, and cocked its head at him, and went, "Awrk."
   Anaba then said, "Go ahead and touch him, son, it's the only way to bond with him."
   Kumaglak reached a hand out towards the dragon; the little dragon had already broke the rest of the way out of the shell, and was now standing on the snow looking up at him.
   The dragon touched his hand with his head, and a hot-cold sensation went through him. It quickly faded before he could scream.  
   "You are now fully bonded to him you will need a name for him, I have some scrolls for you to read to learn about him. And perhaps you will be able to find a suitable name for him that he likes." She said, while giving him five scrolls.
   "Uhh... well I don't uhh... know how to read," he said, feeling embarrassed. He was a Dragon Rider, and didn't even know his to read. He really was going to be the worst Dragon Rider that ever lived.
   "Well I am sure someone knows how to read in your village and I hope they will help you learn to read," she said.
   Kumaglak gave his scrolls to his mother, who came up behind him, and told Anaba she could teach him.
   Kumaglak picked up the dragon in his arms. But instead of staying in his arms, he crawled onto his shoulder, and started flapping his wings and making little roars clearly telling everyone that he was a dragon and to get out of his way while he walked over to his father.
   His weight was actually comforting even though his claws were digging into his shoulder.
   Then Kaya went up and touched the silver-purple egg, and the same exact thing happened. Little cracks started to spread all across the eggshell and then a dark purple head pushed its way out of the shell. The little dragon gave a weak and tiny roar at her. His sister just stood there with a mix of amazement and joy on her face, while her dragon pushed the rest of the way out of its shell.
   She too touched the little dragon, and he saw her wince in pain.
   She picked up the little dragon,  and it just sat there in her arms.
   Anaba gave Kaya's scrolls to their dad.
   "It's a female, I hope you two will find beautiful names for them, and I also that you four grow in your bonds with them. And that  you'll be ready in two years to join me at the Dragon Rider base along with the other Dragon Riders." And with that she picked up the box, and started walking away.
   Kumaglak looked at the black dragon with white horns, claws, spikes, white under scales, and white scattered dots under his black wings that looked like stars. Grey transitional scales with a white dot on each grey scale going from his neck to tail. He also had two white silver scales by his eyes, like tear drops.
   Kaya's dragon was dark purple with white claws, horns, spikes, and under scales. White wings with dark purple, almost black dots, under her wings, they too looked like stars.
   To be honest, Kaya's dragon was very beautiful.
   Then the black dragon hissed in his ear.
   Kumaglak looked at him, and he looked back, he sounded offended.
   "Sorry boy," Kumaglak said to him, and he looked a little bit happier after he said that. "Kumaglak, Kaya, let's go," their mother said to them.
   Kumaglak and his sister walked back to their parents with their dragons.

P.S. if you are a wings of fire fan then you probably know who the dragons are. Yes I used them because I like them a lot and thought it would be a good idea to give them riders.(they are a little different then Tui's) hope you like them now. Oh and this happen at night(because of the all day night in arctica, certain times during the year, it's like Antarctic) for the wings of fire fans and you'll know more about them in the future. I really hope you like it and please give me feedback so I know what to do thanks.
Hey let me know if you like the new names. I decided to get away from ATLA and try and come up with some original names. So all characters with ATLA names will be changed.
Kaya means stay. Tuktu means caribou. I have no idea what Kumaglak means. Nuvua is their mother and I also don't know what her names means.