Chapter 8:Old Enemies:Galbatorix

It had been a month since Galbatorix sent Tristan, his most prized and skilled assassin and magician of the Black Hand. He sent Tristan to recover two children he believed to have bonded with dragons; not Alageasia dragons, but Pyrrhian dragons from Erdas.
   He had also sent Damek, one of his forsworn on the run from Anaba, Armand, and Niran. Damek was the only one of his forsworn from Erdas that hadn't been locked up or killed for his crimes.
   His most famous crime was attempting to kill Anaba's son, about three years ago, along with help from his fellow forsworn from Erdas as well. His fellow forsworn somehow managed to get themselves captured and somehow only Damek escaped capture.
   Right now Galbatorix didn't care how Damek managed to evade them these past three years. He only cared that he made up for his past failure to kill Anaba's son, by bringing him a new Dragon Rider.
   Galbatorix had started to grow anxious and frustrated that neither Tristan nor Damek had returned yet.
   How hard was it to capture children with young, dumb dragons? All they had to do was knock them out and be on their way back to Alageasia.
   He knew that Damek could to do this easily, all he had to do was find one child and a dragon and captured them.
   But he knew that Tristan liked to play with his prey before subduing it; he only had to take out two children and two dragons. He signed, Tristan was clever and strong, how could he be brought down by two children, who probably didn't even know how to lift a sword. Much less kill a full grown, powerful, adult assassin-magician.
   Galbatorix sat there in his throne room, with Shruikan sleeping behind his throne thinking, when the door was pushed open, awakening Shurikan.
   The person who had decided to come into his throne room was Durza. Durza walked into the room, holding a sackcloth bag in one of his hands.
   "My king," Durza addressed Galbatorix. "I have good and bad news."
   "Well give me the good news first, I rather hear that than the bad news."
   "My king, Anaba is trying to rebuild the Erdas Dragon Riders with these three new ones that our scouts have heard rumors of." Durza said to Galbatorix.
   "What's the bad news then?" Galbatorix said, sounding irritated that was all the good news that Durza had for him.
   "Well Damek almost captured one dragon and Rider, but she put up a good fight. In the end Damek did manage to subdue her, but Kala showed up and chased him off. From what he said Kala took the girl and her dragon with her. He was going to follow them, but she was not alone. Armand appeared out of the cloud cover and followed them. The other news is..." Durza stopped talking and looked down at the stone floor and then back up at Galbatorix. "Here, Anaba dropped this off at his ship. None of the crew wanted to open or touch it. She said you were the only one to open it."
   "You didn't even check it to see if she was trying to kill me!" Galbatorix bellow at Durza. Durza remained silent, and walked up to Galbatorix, and gave him the sack cloth bag.
   Galbatorix, fuming with anger, ripped the tie off the bag, and looked in it. What he saw in it haunted him for the rest of his life. The only other thing that was in the bag was a note saying: This is what happens when you attack my Dragon Riders!

P.S. I know this was short but it isn't a super major part of the story. Except for what was in the bag. If you don't know what Pyrrhian dragons are, look up wings of fire. And Erdas is the From Spirit Animals. Hope your enjoying the story so far.