Chapter 7:Earth And Water:Nimue:Two Years Later

It had been the two most glorious and joyful years ever of Nimue's life.
   She had spent the last two years practicing her water manipulation ability with Hurricane. They both had improved greatly over the past two years from all the practice. She had told no one about her amazing ability, not even her family or Alana, her best friend since she was three years old. She didn't even tell little two year old Tatiana, who got into trouble about every other day.
   Nimue told most of secrets to her knowing she would forget them in about a hour.
   Hurricane had grown a lot in the past two years. He was now six feet tall and sixteen feet long. He had grown too big for her bed so she and her mother had made a soft bed made out of cloth and seal hide for comfort. The only reason her mother helped her make the bed for him was because she and with help from Tatiana begged her to help. Her mother helped in the end anyway after Nimue had already gotten all the supplies she needed.
   She and Hurricane had spent their free time practicing their water manipulation, flying, but only during the night so no one saw them. The other thing they did in their free time was swim.
   Tonight she and Hurricane were going to swim past the reef, when everybody was sleeping. They planned to be back by sunrise, if they couldn't swim the rest of the way back they were going to fly back.
   Somethings Nimue had noticed while with Hurricane during the two years was that her swimming abilities were suddenly enhanced or something. She could now swim faster than she could in the past, and hold her breath for about an hour. She didn't know the cause of it but it didn't concern her too much. Her hearing, smell, sight, and stealth had all been enhanced so she could hear things from far away so clearly as if she were right next to the person speaking. Her smell had become so strong that she could tell when her father caught fish by being able to smell the fish all the way from her room when her father was still outside. Her new enhanced sight allowed her to see the horizon so clearly that she could see it when the sun was shining brightly in her face. She also could sneak around the house so well that she almost gave her mother a heart attack when she walked right behind her one morning. Nimue had found all these new abilities strange but useful at the same time.
   It was finally dusk, and everyone would be getting ready to go to bed shortly.
   While she waited, she listened for the sound of her father's snores, if her father was already snoring that meant that her mother was already asleep.
   She heard the loud snores echoing from her parents room, her father's loud snores could be mistaken for the sound of sawing logs.
   She quietly opened the door, and stepped softly on the cut out stone tiled floor, careful not to step on any sticks or twigs that had been dragged into the house by Tatiana.
   Just to double check to make sure her parents were asleep, she made my way to their room, and carefully and quietly cracked the door open, and peered inside. They were both asleep.
   She then went, and did the same thing to Tatiana. She really didn't need Tatiana following her around. Tatiana too was asleep in her bed.
   Just as she turned around to go to the front door Hurricane was standing right in front of her. She almost screamed, but managed to bite her tongue and throw her hands over her mouth.
   She had almost forgotten that Hurricane had retractable claws like cat, that he could retract in so he could walk on the stone floor without all the clicking from his claws on stone.
   "You scared me boy. Were you trying to give me a heart attack?" she said to him.
   He just laughed in her head, and said, "It was worth it." 
   "Very funny, ha ha ha, you got me, but I'll get you back twice as scary. Now let's get out of here before it's morning."
   They walked out the door, and ran down to the shore.
   She stepped into the water feeling the familiar coolness creep up her legs, filling her with energy.
   Hurricane jumped into the water, splashing her.
   "Shh," she said to him.
   He just looked at her and rolled his eyes, and said, "It will be fine, they'll just think it's a dolphin or something close to the shore making the noise."
   "Well please be quiet, everyone thinks I'm weird and I don't need them telling my parents after two years of peace with then." she said to Hurricane.
   "Okay," he said back to her.
    They waded deeper into the ocean till Nimue could no longer touch bottom.
   Then they started swimming towards the reef, and then to the open ocean.
   Hurricane was far ahead of her while they were swimming to the reef.
   Nimue was fast, but not as fast as Hurricane.
   He noticed that she was falling behind, and he dove under and reappear underneath her and let her slide onto his back.
   She gripped his feathers on his neck, but not too tightly. She put her legs in front of his shoulders and squeezed her legs tightly, knowing he could swim very fast.
   Once she had a good grip, Hurricane started swimming.
   He then dove under after a few minutes.
   He flapped his wings under the water to move them through the water faster.
   Her eyes adjusted to the salty water quickly. She saw the beautiful blue underwater world whirl past her as she and Hurricane swam on through the endless blue.
   After an hour she felt her lungs compress and scream in agony. She hit Hurricane's side in a panic. Hurricane immediately sensed her fear, and shot towards the surface.
   She felt herself getting light headed.
   Finally they broke the surface. As soon as they did, she started taking in deep breaths, feeling relief flood throughout her.
   "Are you alright?" Hurricane asked her with worry in his vice as he continued swimming, while she was taking deep breaths, waiting for her to recover.
   "I'm ok. I'm ready," she said to him out loud.
   Hurricane responded by going back under.  
   After about twenty minutes, she saw the hazy outline of the reef appearing in front of them.
   Hurricane saw it too, and went back up to the surface again.
   They both took deep breaths once they made it to the surface.
   She looked beyond the reef and into the horizon, wondering what laid beyond it.
   Hurricane swam along the reef looking for a gap to crawl through.
   Once through he started swimming again through the sea.
   They got about a mile into the open ocean when she felt something. Something dangerous.
   She then looked up, and saw a huge wave coming their way.
   There was something about the sudden appearance of the wave that didn't feel right to her. The wave didn't feel natural nor did it feel anything like when she used her water manipulation. When she and Hurricane manipulated water it felt natural, this didn't feel natural, but something wrong and unnatural.
   Hurricane saw the wave and dove under, although they were still underwater the force of the wave still hit them and shoved them back.
   She just couldn't comprehend the sudden appearance of the wave. It just didn't feel right to her.
   Nimue could sense that this wave was created by something powerful, very powerful.
   She could tell that Hurricane didn't like this at all either.
   "Let's go back. Something feels odd about this place," Hurricane told her before she could even tell him.
  "I totally agree," she told him.
   For for the first time in her life she was actually wary of the ocean.
   They started back to the island, but the waves just got fiercer as they went on.
   After three long hours of battling the ocean, they made it to the island.
   But then she realized that they were on the far side of island, farthest from the village.
   It was almost midnight, and she had a feeling that they didn't end up here on accident.
   She then heard a something large and very heavy land right behind them. Nimue didn't want to turn around and see what it was, she was hoping in her mind that it was a whale or shark that got beached.
The longer she stood there the more she was tempted to look at the beast and see what it was.
Her curiosity finally got the better of her, and she turned around and looked at the massive beast.
She was now wishing to Mulop that she never turned around in the first place.
The beast that stood behind her was a massive dragon, it was bigger that Kala's dragon. The dragon was the largest thing she had ever seen, the dragon was as big as a large hill.
The dragon stared at Nimue and Hurricane, and then it curled it's lips up into a snarl, showing its pointy teeth.
The dragon looked like Hurricane, but it had different colors. The dragon was black with brown feathers, stripe, and wing membranes.
She then saw a movement from the dragon's back.
Then a man jumped down from the massive beast.
The man looked to be about in his thirties. He had light brown eyes, shoulder length black hair tied back, and light skin with faint scars all over his arms. He looked like he was from Eura.
He walked over to Nimue, and got down on one knee to where he was about eye level with her, and said, "Hi there. My name's Damek. What's yours?" He said in a friendly voice as he smiled at her, waiting for her name.
She didn't know if she could trust him.
She looked at Hurricane, looking for what to do next. Hurricane just looked back not knowing what to do.
So she just decided to play along and then later decided what to do. 
"M-my name is...is N-Nori."
"Well Nori how about you and I go to the Rider Base and meet the others," he said to her in that same friendly voice, still smiling.
"But what about Kala? She said she would come get me."
"Kala is busy with another matter at the moment," Damek said to her.
Nimue still felt that she couldn't trust him, after all Kala said she was coming to get her. Surely he would show her proof of that.
So she decided to ask him a question that only Kala would know.
"Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure go ahead," he said to her, still smiling.
His smile was starting to slowly creep her out.
"What did Kala say to me after my father yelled at me?"
Damek looked at her, and she felt something gently touch her mind, and she instantly imagined the sound of the ocean.
Hurricane had told her to learn to block her thoughts to keep those who could read minds out.
"She told you to get ahold of yourself and stop crying," he said with a little uncertainty hidden in his voice.
Now Nimue definitely knew that she couldn't trust him. Kala probably would have told him what she said to Nimue so he could earn her trust.
She reached for all her strength and focus and turned around and threw a wall of sea water at him. The water that she threw at him probably would have waterlogged and weaken him.
But the water went around him, like a invisible force was shielding him from the water.
She was shocked and scared that he was able to do that. She was also a little mad that she hadn't been able to hurt him or knock that annoying, stupid smile off his face.
"That was a stupid move girl," he said to her sounding amused and still smiling that stupid smile.
He then moved his hands in a weird motion and then she felt something surround her ankles.
She looked down and there was sand climbing up her ankles and to her knees.
Nimue tried to lift her feet out of the sand, but they were stuck in the sand.
She looked up at Damek who had triumph on his face.
She wouldn't go down so easily, she thought fiercely.
She heard Hurricane roaring and nipping at the giant dragon trying to get it to follow him. Finally the dragon chased him into the ocean.
She summoned water from the ocean again and cover her arms in it till they were like tentacles made of water. She swung one of her water tentacle arms at Damek, he had to jump to the side to avoid her attack.
She attacked again but this time he created a thick sand wall to protect himself. She only managed to scratch the wall. She focused on the water on her arms and threw all of it at the wall, hoping to make it dissolve. She managed to soak the whole wall, but only half of it fell away.
Damek looked over his remaining wall, with that smug smile on his face, teasing her to attack again.
She wanted to punch that smug look off his stupid face.
This time she used the last of her remaining strength, hoping she could take him out this time.
She concentrate, and threw a fifteen foot tall wave his way.
His sand grip on her legs loosened, while he clearly concentrate on trying to stop the wave.
Damek then shouted, "Protego!"
Again some invisible force shielded him from the wave.
She then felt the sand climbing back up her legs and to her waist. She was about to summon more water, when two sandy like tentacles reached out of the sand and grabbed her arms and held them to her side. She struggled against her arm bindings, but every time she struggled she felt the sand dig deeper into her arms.
"We can't have you making anymore trouble for us, can we," he said wickedly.
Nimue glared at Damek with so much malice, she wanted to hurt him so badly.
A large splashing noise got her and Damek's attention as his dragon appeared out of the sea, holding a struggling dark blue shape by its tail gently with his teeth. Damek's dragon put Hurricane down on the ground and Damek quickly covered him in sand up to his neck.
"I wanted to do this peacefully, but you and your little beast decided to be difficult. But I got you in the end anyway. I guess I need to knock you out so your easier to transport." Damek said, talking to Nimue and to himself.
She looked over to Hurricane feeling pity, this was all her fault they got captured by a insane, sycophant.
"Look out!" Hurricane bellowed in her head.
As soon as he said that she felt something hit her hard on the side of the head. Stars swam before her eyes as her body slumped to the side, as far as her sand bindings would allow.
She was struggling to stay conscious.
All she could see before she passed out was the claws of something brown and heavy built, that landed a few feet away from Hurricane. She then saw boots, and she heard Hurricane roar and the roaring of the two other dragons as they clashed together.
Then she closed her eyes and the last thing she heard was the clash of metal against metal.
   Then everything went black.

P.S. I used similar water and earth bending abilities from the Avatar series. You will find out more about Damek in the future. Mulop is from Spirit Animals, he is a Great Beast That is a octopus. Anyways hope you all like it.
Damek means Son of the Red Earth.