Chapter 10:New Friends:Nimue

Nimue remembered waking up yesterday, she thought, in a strange place. A large gray stone room with large windows along the walls. When she woke up the place looked like a hospital. She remembered seeing a woman with auburn hair and blue-green eyes looking down at her with worry in her eyes and face.
There was also a large dragon staring at her as well with it's large orange eyes. The dragon had large dark grey spikes on it's head, a large sky blue sail on it's back, along with wings. And a pointed tail fin on it's tail. The dragon had brown scales and a lighter tone of brown under scales. It's claws were dark grey like it's horns and spikes.
What Nimue had noticed most unique about the dragon was what looked like hairs on it's wrists and ankles.
She had noticed that the woman was trying to tell her something, but she couldn't hear her, all she heard was a ringing in her ears.
The woman had walked away and then appeared with a goblet, and was mimicking for her to drink it. Nimue's throat had felt dry and willing took the goblet and looked into it before drinking it. There was a purple liquid substance in it.
She had tried to give it back to the woman, but the woman just gently pushed it back to her, nodding that it was okay to drink.
Nimue wasn't sure if she could trust this woman, but her throat felt like it was on fire.
So she had put the cold goblet to her lips and drank from it. The moment it hit her throat it felt like she swallowed the sweetest fruit in the world. The stuff tasted good when it hit her tongue, but it made her throat burned worse than it did before.
She wanted to gag it up, but the woman had gently put her hand over her mouth to keep her from spitting it up.
The cold goblet had fell from her hand as she slowly started feel a tiredness take over her limbs and mind. She then blacked out.

Nimue heard a door open somewhere, all she knew was that she wanted to stay in this calm, peacefully state.
She didn't remember the last time she slept this good. Ever since she bonded with Hurricane her dreams had been strange. Some times she thought she was seeing Hurricane's dreams, other times she thought it was just a side effect of the bond, she didn't know why her dreams were strange, but she just ignored them after a while.
She ignored the sound of another door opening, she really didn't feel like dealing with anyone at the moment.
She then felt another mind nudge her mind.
She realized that it was Hurricane trying to wake her up.
"Wake up Nimue. Wake up, there is no need to continue to lay here while things go on around you."
She didn't want to get up, but she knew Hurricane was right and would only keep badgering her till she got up.
Nimue then forced her mind and body to wake up.
She opened her eyes and immediately shut them from the brightness that flooded the room.
A warm, scaly snout nudged her hand, hot air tickling her hand.
The bed then made a loud creak in protest as a heavy force climbed on to the bed.
The next thing she knew her face was wet and sticky from Hurricane's tongue.
"Hurricane! Stop, please! That tickles!" She exclaimed, while laughing from Hurricane's surprising tongue attack.
Hurricane's tongue stopped licking her, and Nimue sat up, wincing and squinted her eyes from the bright sunlight.
Hurricane, who was now more than twice her height, was on her bed, looking ready to lick-attack her again.
She would have started laughing again, but from her laughing a few moments ago the side of her head was throbbing in pain.
   She gingerly touched the spot on her head that was throbbing, and her fingers came in contact with something sticky, and it was not Hurricane's slobber.
   At first she thought it was blood, but when she looked at her fingers they had some sort of green paste on them.
   "What the heck is this?" She asked Hurricane.   
   "It's some sort of healing paste. Eir, the woman who gave you the purple stuff, has been putting it on your wound. Eir said wounds from elemental magic, or just elements for short, are harder to heal because they are magical wounds. The magic from the wound counter acted the magic Eir used to try and heal your wound. So she used the green paste stuff to nullify the magic in the wound so she can heal it." Hurricane said to her, gesturing to a mortar with green paste in it with his wing.
   "Is the magic nullified then?" She asked Hurricane.
"I don't know. You'll have to ask Eir when she comes back."
   "When will she be back?"
   "I have no idea, but she's been coming back about every half hour. She left about twenty minutes ago. I can go see if I can find her, if you want." Hurricane said to her.
   "Well if your going I'm going." Nimue said as she swung her legs over the side of the bed, putting her bare feet on the cool stone floor.
   "Are you sure that's a good idea? You're still weak, you just woke up." Hurricane said to her with concern in his voice.
   "I'm fine," she snapped at him.
   She then felt horrible for snapping at him, she just didn't want to be babied. But he was only trying to protect her from herself.
   "I'm sorry Hurricane. I really am," she said to him with regret in her voice for being mean to him.
   Hurricane responded by crawling over to her, and nuzzling his head with her own.
   He hugged her with his wings and hummed in his chest, comforting her.
   He would do that when she was mad, or sad, it always calmed her and was comforting to her.
   "Thank you," she said to him.
   "Your welcome," he said to her.
   Hurricane then unwrapped his wings from her, and jumped off the bed and stood in front of her, ready to catch her if she fell.
   Nimue heaved herself off the bed.
   When she put all her weight on her legs, she became unbalanced from the fight with Damek resulting in her being in a bed for a day or two.
   She stumbled forward, to only be caught by Hurricane when she tripped.
   "Thank you again," she said to Hurricane, thankful that he was there for her.
   "Are you really sure your up to this? If not I'll be super fast finding Eir."
   "I can do it, I promise." She said to him, then just as she steadied herself, she heard the sound of faint footsteps and the click of large, heavy talons on stone.
   She and Hurricane stayed still as the double doors opened and a woman about twenty entered.
   The woman, who Nimue assumed was Eir, had a warm, friendly face on. She had blue-green eyes, and auburn hair that flowed down her back in a loose braid.
   The woman looked directly at her and Hurricane and said, "Hello, I'm Eir this is Skyglider."
The dragon, Skyglider, looked the like the same one she saw when she woke up last time. Brown scales, lighter tone brown under scales. Sky blue wing membranes, sail, and tail fin. Dark grey spikes, horns, claws, and jaw spikes. And those same bright turquoise eyes that seemed to glow. Then there was the weird hair like things on his ankles and wrists. His wings were also were large, along with a large, muscular build.
Eir noticed her studying Skyglider and said, "If your interested in his breed of dragon you can look up more about his kind in the library if you want."
"Oh...Uhh...Well I'm not the best reader, or writer." She said, hoping Eir wouldn't judge her, while she eased herself back into the bed. 
"It's okay, you'll have plenty of time to work on your reading and writing. For the mean time would you like me to heal your wound?" 
She had almost completely forgotten about her now semi throbbing wound.
"Yes ma'am," she said with respect.
Eit responded by going over to a cabinet and pulling out a piece of cloth, and walking over to a wash basin.
She put the cloth in the basin and wringed it out.
Eir then made her way back over to Nimue, and gently wiped the green stuff off, not wanting to reopen the wound.
When she got it all off she folded the cloth, and put it on the bed side table.
Eir then gently placed her fingertips on her wound and muttered something that sounded like, "Waise Heill."
She felt the wound heal, when she reached up to touch where the gash that Damek gave her with his elemental earth magic. The wound was gone.
"Thank you," she said gratefully.
"You are welcome. Now would you like to go see your room?" Nimue nodded, and Eir helped her get to her feet and lead her,
Hurricane, and Skyglider out of the Hospital Wing, and up several flights of stairs.
By the time they stopped, she guessed they were on the seventh floor, she was exhausted from going up the giant, dragon sized steps.
Eir lead them to a double wooden door and pushed it open.
The room was massive and beautiful. It was decorated with tapestries of dragons, warriors, and dragons and warriors together. There were woven rugs that covered the stone floor. There was a large, stone lit fireplace. The large windows with curtains had great views of the grounds. There were wooden tables and chairs in the corners, a few wooden bookcases and scroll racks. Then there was just the two mysterious double wooden doors.
Eir walked over to one and opened them and started up the the spiral, stone staircase.
The spiral staircase lead to a circular room with five identical double wooden doors. All the doors looked the same except for the one that had a black and white dragon sigil on a banner that hung from one of the double wooden doors.
"That's Kaya's room," Eir said to her while she walked over to a door and opened it.
"This is your's and Hurricane's room."
The room had a fourposter bed with clothes on it. A dresser and bookcase, that held both scrolls and books, were on both sides of the bed. There were windows with also great views of the grounds, but higher up.
She then noticed that Eir had left, so she decided to get changed. She went over to the bed and looked at the clothes on the bed. There were blue and black long and short sleeve shirts. Mid thigh skirts and leggings of the same color as the shirts. The boots, pants, and socks were black and brown. A comb, thin pieces of leather, ribbons, and metal hair pins were also on the bed. A scroll and what looked like a piece of blank folded parchment were also on the bed.
She went ahead and picked out a long sleeve dark blue shirt, a black skirt, dark blue leggings, and black boots and socks.
She put her hair up into a ponytail-braid with pieces of black leather.
After she looked in a mirror to see if she looked decent, Hurricane said to her, "You look good." He told her with honesty. There was no humor in his voice when he said.
"Thank you," she said to him aloud.
He nodded in response.
Nimue then went to the double wooden doors, and opened them and closed them once Hurricane passed through them.
She followed him down the spiral stone staircase, and opened the double doors for him and closed them once they both went through.
Once she had the doors shut she looked around the room and saw two kids about her age sitting at one of the tables in one of the corners discussing something.
She didn't see them earlier when she and Hurricane came into the room earlier. They must have come in while she was in her room.
She then noticed that there were two dragons laying in the corner, they appeared to be napping.
The one dragon was black with white under scales, white horns, spikes, claws, and black wings. The other dragon was dark purple with white under scales, white claws, horns, spikes, and white wings.
The dragons nor the kids at the table hadn't noticed her yet.
She then heard their conservation. "I don't know where the Charms classroom is." The boy told the girl.
"Well use the map Anaba gave you, or did you lose it." The girl said sternly to the boy.
"I didn't lose it. I just misplaced it." The boy said trying to defend himself. "So give me a break, okay," he continued, sounding irritated.
"Well I won't give you a break till you find your map back." She said, sounding extremely irritated, like she dealt with stuff like this twenty-four seven.
The boy was about to respond back, but her noticed her and said to her,
"Oh, I'm so sorry you had to here us arguing. I'm Kumaglak and this is Kaya, my twin sister."
That explained why the two of them were fighting. Kaya turned around in her seat to look at her.
Kaya looked exactly like her brother, piercing, light ice blue eyes and jet black hair.
Kumaglak had a friendly face on, his hair barely covered his eyes, he was also wearing all black.
She guessed that the black and white dragon was his then.
Kaya was wearing a dark purple long sleeve shirt, a black skirt, and dark purple leggings. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail with a metal hairpin, she also put a friendly face on and said, "I'm really sorry you had to here all that." While getting up with her brother and walking over to Nimue.
Nimue guessed that the purple dragon belonged to Kaya.
Kaya confirmed her guess by saying, "That's Whiteout, I'm bonded with her." Once Kaya had said that the dark purple dragon looked up at Nimue with light ice blue eyes, the same color as Kumaglak and Kaya's eyes.
"That's Darkstalker, he's mine." Kumaglak said.
The black and white dragon with the same light ice blue eyes looked up at Kumaglak and gave a small, non threatening growl. "Well it's more like I'm his," Kumaglak said, running his hand through his hair.
"What's your name?" Kaya asked her.
"Nimue, and this is Hurricane." She said gesturing to Hurricane.
"Hi Nimue and Hurricane," The twins said at the same time.
They both looked at each other and then started laughing.
"We always do that. It used to freak our parents out. They used to think we were possessed." Kumaglak said to her, laughing.
Hurricane cocked his head at the twins as they continued to laugh. "They're weird," he told Nimue.
Nimue gave him a stern look, and said, "Be nice, they're just trying to be nice. Why don't you go talk with Darkstalker and Whiteout."
He moaned, clearly not wanting to go talk with Darkstalker or Whiteout.
She then noticed that Darkstalker and Whiteout were watching the four of them intently, like Nimue and Hurricane were going to attack their riders.
The two dragons then got up and walked over to their riders.
Whiteout however changed course and walked towards Hurricane.
Once she stood in front of him she leaned forward and smelled him.
Hurricane responded by smelling her. In the end they both touched noses and Whiteout growled something at Darkstalker.
Darkstalker looked like he rather face a killer whale than trust Hurricane.
After more growls from Whiteout, gradually getting more commanding, he finally came over.
The two male dragons touched noses and quickly recoiled from one another.
Nimue could tell they trusted each other a little, but since they were males it was harder for them to get along.
"Well it looks like their getting along somewhat. Let's hope we can too." Kumaglak said cheerfully.
"Oh, did you get your schedule yet?" Kaya asked.
"Uhh...," she responded, sounding and looking confused.
"The schedule Anaba gave us yester—Oh I forgot that you weren't here yesterday. Sorry, I just forgot."
"Gosh Kaya give her a hard time while your at it." Kumaglak said to Kaya trying to make her mad.
"Shut up Kumaglak! You are such a walrus head!" She yelled back at her brother, Kumaglak's tormenting clearly working.
But now Kumaglak looked mad. It looked like his plan backfired.
"Walrus head? Walrus head!" He yelled at her looking mad and embarrassed. "You know what Kaya! Your a whale's arse!"
"How dare you! You blubber-fat-seal headed moron!" Kaya yelled back, looking utterly enraged.
Nimue wanted to stop them, but she was scared that they would turn on her and she would ruin her chance of making friends.
They were people who didn't know her or her troubled past.
"Shouldn't you stop them?" Hurricane asked her as he and Darkstalker and Whiteout watched the twin yelling insults in their own language at each other.
"I don't really want to, besides it natural for siblings to fight."
"Are you sure?"
"Ya, that probably would have been me and Tatiana a few years from now." Nimue said to him.
Hurricane didn't say anything else for the twenty minutes that the twins argued nonstop.
That gave her time to look at the schedule Kaya mentioned. The schedule said:
—Monday-Friday Class Schedule
6:00-7:00-Breakfast
7:10-8:10-Charms
8:20-9:20-D.A.D.A
9:30-10:30-Potions
10:40-11:40-History
11:50-12:50-Transfiguration
12:50-1:20-Lunch
1:30-2:30-Herbology
2:40-3:40-Flying Practice
3:50-4:50-Flying Practice
5:00-6:00-Battle Training
6:10-7:10-Battle Training
7:20-8:20-Study Hall
8:20-9:00-Dinner
9:00-9:30--Curfew
9:00-11:00-Astronomy(Monday night)
Dear young riders,
We expect you to use your maps to find your classes. You may write the class room number on your schedules. But we expect you to know where all your classes are by the the end of the first week of training. You will not be allowed to use magic outside of class or training. The consequences will be decided by the head dragon rider. You will be dismissed to and from classes by a bell system that rings through out the whole castle. First bell means time for class. Second bells means get to class before third. You have 10 minutes between first and second bell to get to your classes. If you arrive at third bell your teacher may decide wether you are tardy or right on time. If you arrive after third bell you are deemed tardy and your teacher may decide to punish you or let you off easy with a warning. Just know you only have theee tardies, once you get three you will get detention. We do not wish for you to get in trouble we just ask that you try to get to class on time and behave yourselves.
For your classes you will receive your scrolls and books you need in those classes from your teacher. You will be expected to keep them till next year. You will have the same teacher all year round. Your teacher will explain each class to you at the beginning of the year. Study Hall is for making up class work, if you finish you will tell the elder supervising you and show them your work so they know you are done. You are expected to do your work during that time. If you have no class work you are free to do what you want for the rest of the day till curfew. You are to be in bed by curfew. We do not want anyone running around after curfew. If you are caught you will receive detention with the elder who caught you. Your training is Monday through Friday, you have the weekend off from your classes except for Flying Practice and Battle Training that will be held at the same time and place it says on your schedule.
We hope that you do not get into any trouble and that you excel in your classes.
Atra esterni ono thelduin(may good fortune rule over you), Anaba, leader of the Erdas Dragon Riders.
Nimue read this over at least two times, it made some sense.
The only things that didn't make sense were some of the classes like D.A.D.A, what did that even stand for? Transfiguration and Charms also didn't make sense, maybe her teacher would explain the classes when they began training.
Then it hit her, what if they didn't all have the same classes together? Well Kumaglak and Kaya had the same exact schedule.
She then worried that she might be alone.
Would they put her with twins or give her another teacher?
She didn't like the idea of being alone with no one except Hurricane.
As annoying as the twins were when they were arguing, they were the closest thing she had to friends besides Alana. Who had been her friend since she was three, even though Alana's parents didn't like her and Alana playing together.
But Alana wasn't here. There was only Kumaglak and Kaya.
They were pretty nice and she had a feeling they would be fast friends and know each other for a very long time, even though they barely knew each other. Well except for Kumaglak and Kaya who grew up together.
And besides she really didn't want to be in this giant castle alone with just Hurricane.
She needed kids her age to talk to. She needed kids who thought like her, who would understand her. To be honest she didn't think Kala would understand her that much. Even though Kala had comforted her after her father yelled at her. She shook these thoughts from her head and just focused on the future.