Date Night

March 15th, 2018

"Tell me that you're still mine. Tell me that we'll be just fine. Even when I lose my mind. I need to say-" Taylor paused her singing, playing a few chords on the piano and mumbling incoherent words to herself.

Joe stood in the doorway, unbeknownst to Taylor, admiring her work. He had already come to the realization that she was writing about the fight they had just a few days ago. Taylor continued to sing, "Tell me that it's not my fault. Tell me that I'm all you want. Even when I break your heart."

Joe watched a small frown grow on Taylor's face as she entered the already-completed chorus. "Hey, it's all me in my head. I'm the one who burned us down. But it's not, what I meant. Sorry that I hurt you. I don't wanna do, I don't wanna do this to you. I don't wanna lose, I don't lose this with you."

Walking up closer to Taylor, she still didn't realize he was standing there. He tried to stop himself from getting too emotional as she continued singing, "I need to say, hey. It's all me, just don't go. Meet me in the afterglow..."

Taylor out her arms on the piano keys, putting her head in her hands. Joe heard a small cry come for her mouth, and couldn't stand it anymore. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and kissed the top of her head, causing her to scream in surprise.

She turned around, looking right into his blue eyes. Joe noticed her eyes were red with tears, and placed a long kiss on her forehead. Taylor leaned into his lips, closing her eyes. "You know that you are all I want. And I will always come back to you, right?" Joe asked softly, parting his lips with her forehead and brushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Always."

Taylor nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

Joe lifted her up off of the piano bench, so he could hug her completely. Swaying side to side, she rested her head on his shoulder. "I love you so, so, so much," Joe said softly, holding her gently, yet tightly at the same time. "No matter what."

Taylor wiped her eyes on his shoulder, "I love you too."

They stood there for a moment, before Taylor broke the silence, "Oh before I forget! I have something to show you."

Taylor turned to grab her guitar off of the stand, plopping down on the carpet. Joe raised an eyebrow, but passed her a pillow to make herself more comfortable before sitting down himself. "Can I film it?" asked Joe, already pulling out his phone.

Taylor blushed nervously, "Sure."

Joe smiled encouragingly, unsure of what she was going to sing. Taylor bit her lip, "Okay, so this is actually a cover. It's a song we listen to a lot together. I think I'm going to put this as a spotify special, but I just wanted to play it for you first."

Joe nodded eagerly, the camera already rolling. Taylor took a deep breath, "Do you remember? The 28th night, of September."

Joe grinned, noticing the lyric change. Taylor gave a cheeky smile back, continuing to sing. "Love was changing the mind of pretenders, while chasing the clouds away."

Joe swayed to her music, as Taylor finished the song, "Ai, ai, dancin' in September. Ai, ai, golden dreams were shiny days. And there never was a cloudy day. There never was a cloudy day..."

Joe stopped the video and leaned forward to hug her, "That was so amazing! I love what you did to the song."

"Really?" Taylor said, surprised. "Thanks."

"Of course! Can you play it again?" Joe asked.

Taylor pecked his cheek, "Maybe later, we have to go to the show soon, remember?"