Chasing The Clouds Away

September 28th, 2017

Taylor kissed Joe's forehead softly, and felt him shift underneath her. "Morning baby," Taylor smiled from her position above her.

Joe opened his eyes, looking into Taylor's, "G'morning." He shifted his arms so they were around her, holding her tightly to him.

"I can't believe we've been together for a year," Taylor smiled at him, resting her hand on his cheek.

Joe grinned back, "I can't believe it either. It all went by so fast, I feel like you just told me you wanted to be exclusive yesterday."

Taylor blushed, "Oh my god, I was such a mess."

"The mess that I wanted," Joe chuckled, referencing her lyric. He sat up slowly, and Taylor shifted to sitting on his lap on the bed. He nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, placing a long kiss.

Taylor moaned slightly, letting her head fall back. Joe's lips lingered for a little longer, before peppering small kisses up her neck and to her face, stopping as he reached her lips. "I love you," He said quietly.

"I love you too." Taylor waited for him to lean in and kiss her, as he was just staring at her, an inch away. After a while she couldn't stand it, "But I'd love you a lot more if you just fucking kissed me right now."

Joe snapped out of his trance, smirking, "Sorry, was just admiring the girl I get to call my girlfriend."

Taylor was stopped mid eye-roll as their lips collided. Joe snaked his hands up the length of her back, then went back down to her waist, pulling her closer. She grazed his lip with her teeth, before moving her tongue to his lips. Joe parted his lips slightly, letting their tongues dance.

Taylor moved her hands up to his hair, gripping it tightly in her hands. After a while Joe pulled away, moving his hand up to her cheek.

Taylor leaned into his hand, "So what are the plans for today?"

"Well I was planning on dinner, we rented the place out, so it's completely private," Joe assured her, helping her up out of his lap and off the bed. "For the day I was thinking just a walk? Something relaxing."

Taylor smiled, "That sounds amazing. What time do you want to leave for the walk at?"

Joe glanced at the clock, "It's 11:00 right now, so if you want to leave soon we can pick up lunch on the way back."

"Sounds good," Taylor nodded, walking over to the closet. She chose a pair of jeans and a sweater, Joe's favorites, to honor the special day.

Joe chose a plaid red and navy shirt, paired with a pair of jeans and a cap. "Do you want your sunglasses?" He asked. In the past year they had figured out that the simple disguise of sunglasses or a hat could make people completely disregard your presence.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea," Taylor wandered over to the sunglasses collection, choosing a simple black pair, and a black purse to go with it.

They opted to skip breakfast given the time, and after Taylor applied her makeup and pulled her hair back into a ponytail, they were ready to go. Stepping out into the brisk London air Joe gripped her hand tightly, thankful for the lack of paparazzi.

"Want to go to the Heath and walk by the lakes? We can walk to lunch as well." Joe offered as they walked side by side on the sidewalk.

"Sure!" Taylor said excitedly. This is one of the things she loved about their relationship. They could do the most mundane things together, as if they weren't celebrities. As if they were just Taylor and Joe.