Chapter 4: I don't wanna bother you really

"Well...ok...let's go" she said walking towards her locker as she put her school shoes in there and replaced for her normal ones.

I just went ahead and swapped my shoes out aswell , picked my bag up and off we go. We headed out together but there was just one little problem....

"Uhm...do you know any places around here? I'm kinda new here afterall" I asked.

"I mean , we can go to a nearby Ice cream parlour. It's not that far away from here" she replied, her face was a bit red though..

"Are you okay Rio? your face is a bit red, you don't have a fever do you?" I asked concerned.

"Yea...Yeah I'm fine" she said looking away.

Uhm...okay.

We walked for a brief amount of time before a huge sign on a shop stating "Natural Ice Creams" came into view. 

"Here we are" she said as we got closer to it.

We both walked towards the counter , the menu was printed above the counter. It had more ice cream flavours than i ever thought existed. Like seriously? GOLD MANGO VANILLA ICE CREAM!? The fuck is that?

"Choose what you want" I said smiling.

"Th..Thank you" she replied as she began lookin for a ice cream flavour.

"I'll take a Strawberry Vanilla Candy" Rio said.

"Hmmmmmmm , I'll take a Mango Candy then. Seems good" I replied before walking towards the counter.

"Can I have one Strawberry vanilla Candy and one Mango Candy please?" I asked.

"Sure , that'll be 150 Yens please" said the cashier. 

"Hm yea...here" I said opening up my wallet and handing out the money.

Till i took the money out the cashier went to the fridge behind him and brought out the ice creams and handed em out to me.

"Thank you" I said before walking towards Rio again.

"Here" I said handing out the strawberry one to her.

"Thank you again Yuzu" she said smiling.

"No worries , lets walk back to the station maybe? If you're heading home aswell" I asked.

"Sure.." she agreed.

We two started walking back towards the station , eating our ice cream as we make our way through the busy traffic on the streets. I feel so happy when i'm with her....please i don't wanna catch any more feelings. Last time it happened.... it didn't end well ehmmm. Lets not talk about it for now.

"Woah , you finished it already?" I asked her surprised as her ice cream was already over even though we just left like 2 mins ago from that shop.

"Yea well if you don't have sensitive nerves on your teeth , you'll easily be able to eat the ice cream really fast. I've done so many experiments about this in the lab and i'm positive my theory is right" she replied.

I just smiled and sweat dropped at her scientific view at this topic, tbh it didn't need such a deep analysis but whatever man , she's smart as hell

Anyways, after walking for good 15 minutes we made it to the station as we waited for our train to arrive. Her face on the other hand was a bit more red now, it's now worrying me out...she's also sweating hard.

"Rio , are you alright?" i asked with as much as seriousness as i could gather.

"I'm...ju..just feeling a bit dizzy that's all. Pro..Probably heatstroke" she replied.

"lets sit on the bench then instead , standing is not good for you right now" I proposed.

"Yea, that shoul...should help" she replied.

Luckily we didn't had to wait for long time , the train was on time and we were lucky enough to be the only ones boarding it from here so we got in hassle free. My eyes fell on two free seat next to each other. We instantly pounced on the opportunity and got our seats. It's a rare privilege to have seat at this time of the day.

"Do u have any water Yuzu?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"Yea , hold up" I said opening up my bag and taking out my water of bottle and hander her that.

The train started moving and with that i felt a bit relaxed that atleast we can make it back in time. Thinking how my life has changed here, in my old school i didn't really had any friends nor anyone i can even ask for help. Here on the other hand , i have 3 friends that i am sure i can rely on. Sakuta , who was fucking insane today. Confessing his love in middle of the school? that's ballsy. Kunimi , he's good at sports not to mention always helpful and kind hearted. Rio , she's smart and cute... wait....why am i thinking this way. All i was thinking looking out the window before i felt a bit of weight on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Rio resting her head on my shoulder as she fell wide asleep. At first my heart started racing before i actually stopped and processed the situation. She's feeling weak right now...will she be able to get home safe?

[Time Skip]

"Doors will open to your left, please mind the distance between you and the platform" came an announcement as the train started to slow down gradually before it actually came to a stop.

"Rio , hey" I said gently shaking her up.

She woke up and the first thing she realized was where she was resting her head on and immidiately backed off.

"I'm sorry" she apologized.

"Hey it's fine , it's our stop now. Lets go" I said standing up.

She nodded and stood up as we both made our way out the train station. It was around 8pm now , quite late if i be honest and Rio wasn't looking at well anyway. She was walking very fraily and often walking out and in the sidewalk.

"Do you have anyone at home to take care of you?" I asked.

"No not really...but i do have medicines" she replied.

"That's good but you do need someone aswell, if it's alright with you can i join you? I don't wanna leave you alone in this condition" I said genuinely out of my concern for her. I know it's really hard to do even basic stuff in weakness and i can't imagine how hard will it be for her to be alone and do her chores in weakness.

"Uh..uhm...I don't wanna bother you really It's fine Yuzu" she said looking away.

"It' fine, but you're my friend. I can't see you like this Rio" I added.

"Oh..ohk then" she hesitated but then agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------