Chapter 40: She's so upbeat today

"Hey ah...Rio, I wanted to talk about something" I said as I tried to hold me anxiety in me.

"What is it?" she asked with a bright smile.

*Bird chirps*

"I don't think this is working out..." I started.

"Zuzu did something?"

"I'd like it if you would stop seeing me as your boyfriend" I added.

"Zuzu...no...what's wrong please tell me" she said with concern.

*Bird chirps*

Huh? my eyes slowly opened up as the realization hit me that it was just a dream.

My eyes opened up to a naked Rio...cuddled close to me, sometimes I feel like are we actually highschool students? We're living a better life than the author writing this who's barely managing to get through a day.

Anyways, I put my arm around her wrapping her in my warmth as I drifted back to sleep again, that was just a dream...she's not going anywhere from my life.

[Time Skip]

"Last day of this "small" vacation for us?" I chuckled.

"Unfortunately...yeah" she sighed.

"Let's go out and enjoy something, I don't really wanna waste it at home" I added.

"I second that" she added.

"Then, let's go" I said standing up from the couch.

"But we haven't decided on a place yet" she replied.

"We'll see where we can go, I'll have fun even if we end up not going anywhere" I replied.

"Hmm? Why's that?" She asked.

I offered her hand to hold so I can help her stand up, "if you're around, I'm already Happy" I replied smiling.

"Well...I can say the same" she replied blushing as she took my hand while I pulled her up.

Changing into a fresh pair of clothes and shoes we both headed out of the house.

Hand in hand, we were looking around to see if there's something we can do.

The dream that I was having today wasn't really something I ever want to see, but now thinking about it, I'm just thinking what will happen to me if we were to...break up.

She's such a big part of my world that I can rather call her my world, my whole routine revolves around her and taking her away from it just...seems so hollow...yeah that's the word.

"Zuzu"

I'm so in love with her that, I no longer find other girls attractive anymore they're all like meh...I really...don't know what the future holds for us.

"Zuzu"

Because I can't see my future without her... anymore.

"Zuzu, are you alive?" Rio broke me out of my trance with a pinch on my cheek.

The gentle hold she applied yet with a sharp pain brought me back to my senses, "Oh sorry, was just thinking something" I tried chuckling.

"You look a bit distant, today..." She replied.

"Oh no no, I'm fine!" I replied.

"We'll talk about this later, anyways look" she pointed towards an advertisement for a aquarium?

"An aquarium? Yeah that seems like a good Idea...we haven't really went to a aquarium before" I replied.

[Time Skip]