Prologue

(trigger warning: hints at suicide, but no graphic details or self harm. Please skip this chapter of it triggers you x)

Since the young Vikings death Berk hasn't been the same. Snotlout was an excellent leader, but without Hiccup's infectious personality the village lacked it's normal cheeriness. Vikings trudge about their daily lives in a trance of sorts, mumbling under their breath trying to distract themselves from the grief.

Berk wasn't the only one suffering at the loss. Jack above all was branded by guilt and grief.

It followed him like a shadow. A dark secret that no one will ever know. No one can ever know. His blue eyes were dulled with pain, his normal muscular stature thin from disregard. The past week Jack was rarely seen, never out in the light of day, always travelling by the cover of darkness.

Toothless had long since left Berk, too plagued by his masters death to stay in this place riddled with memories. Most of the dragons had followed their alpha's lead, draining more life out of the island is that was even possible.

The question on everyone's tongues was how? How did the viking so famous for avoiding inevitable doom pass on to Valhalla? The only two beings that knew this had seemingly vanished.

The cause of Hiccup's death must remain a secret.

Jack let out a shaky breath as he neared the final resting place of his beloved. Ripples danced under the thin sheet of ice covering the watery tomb. Even the moon light seemed dull and emotionless, as if Hiccup's passing had taken the very soul out of nature.

One step and Jack was on the ice, shaking vigorously.

Maybe Hiccup will help him.

Another dangerous step.

Crack

He walks to the centre of the lake.

Crack Crack.

Jack allowed the icy waters to claim another soul. But fate still had a few cards to play.

Jack Frost was born.

Enjoy the first of many chapters. It gets less sad I promise you.