Chapter 11.

(Rewritten)
Sasha's P.O.V

One of the best feelings in life is discovering that you are appreciated by someone regardless of how unworthy someone else made you feel.

"So where is this place exactly?" I asked for the upteenth time, still wary about going to a bar in the bad side of town. The cold autumn wind rippled through my clothes, a comfy maroon sweater with thick white stripes and a pair of light blue jeans covered with knee high brown leather boots.

Brittany glared at me over her shoulder, green eyes burning like hellfire. "I swear to fucking goddess you have the memory of a goldfish, its on Northbend, some bar called Jackie's Place. It's a shifter ran place, we'll be fine." She added quickly as I opened my mouth to protest our ages. Audrey chuckled in amusement, her hand tightening around mine reassuringly.

"My cousin Phillip runs the place," Audrey said to me, leaning her head on my shoulder, "It isn't much. But the drinks are decent, the music's not the worst, and the people aren't so bad."

She absent mindedly fiddled with her scarf as we walked down the sidewalk, the sparsely placed streetlights giving little illumination on the black night. In front of us, Brittany and Seth walked hand and hand, talking and laughing loudly. Breaking off of his lame jokes, "And as a plus, humans rarely come in, besides when they do its mostly just some half-breeds. A lot of were's go though. Most aren't so bad, but we should still be careful, the owner let's leeches in too."

We continued on in silence as we walked the final few blocks. My mind began to drift back towards Father, but I abruptly cut off the thoughts. No, this is supposed to be a fun night, and not even Father will ruin it, I thought bitterly, unconsciously squeezing Audrey's hand. If the blonde noticed my sudden change in mood, she gave no sign, simply leaned her small head against my shoulder. Her soft breathing creating small puffs of fog.

The bar was...unexpected. To say the least.

From Audrey's description I had imagined a run-down, greasy, collapsing corner pub full of old geezers and teenage weres. I was amazed at the building that stood before us. And, although I was right about the corner pub part, the place had that cool, refreshing look that definitely caught the eye.

A flashing neon sign above the door frame spelled out the words 'Jackie's Place' in an alternating pattern of blue, pink, and purple. Illuminating the faces of passerby's and the smokers that lay strewn about the curb. From inside came the faint sounds of glasses clattering, speakers booming with heavy bass, and the excited milling of the crowd. Smiling, "Better than you thought it would be, huh?" Audrey inquired. Blushing, I quickly ducked my head. "Much better." I admitted in embarrassment.

"If you two are done flirting can we go inside? I'm freezing my tits off!" Brittany complained, chattering her teeth for dramatic effect. Glaring, "You wouldn't be loosing much," I shot back, smirking at her appalled expression.

Brittany opened her mouth for a sharp reply, but Seth cut her off. "Ah, and what a shame it would be to loose such a fine pair," He said cheerily, a sly smile creeping onto his lips. Her cheeks flamed as she punched him half-heartedly in the shoulder. "Let's go inside you assholes."

Laughing, we hurried across the empty street and entered the bar. The warm air hit me like a slap to the face, nearly driving the air from my lungs. And looking around, it wasn't hard to see why it felt so hot in here. More bodies than I could count flowed and gyrated with the booming bass that seemed to shake the entire bar. Strobe lights flashed on and off, a disco ball circulating over the seemingly single mass of dancing weres.

Tucked in the far corner of the bar--which was much larger on the inside than it looked--was a high set DJ booth, currently occupied by a dark skinned, pink haired girl who wore a mask carved in the likeness of what looked like a fox. And turning to my left, I realized the bartenders wore similar masks, though some varied to birds, wolves, deer, various big cats, and even a dragon. The bar took up the entire left wall of the building, housing more bottles of liquor than I could count along its glass shelves.