Chapter 3.

(Rewritten)
Sasha's POV

I realized for the first time how much a human being is capable of loving something. Love is scary, like anything else, whether you're falling in love, or just discovering it. Follow your heart, because though the mind is blinded by barriers, the heart will always see clearly.

Brittany's eyes narrowed, "What," She drawled, fixing me with a glare that could melt glaciers, "Was that?"

My insides gave a violent lurch, "She's..I think she's my..."

"That girl is your mate?" The word would have sounded heavenly if she hadn't spat it with such bitterness.

My mind went blank as Mr.Blake instructed the girl--Audrey--to take a seat up front. Affronted, my wolf bared her teeth.

Surrounded by males and females all giving her interested once overs from the corners of their eyes. Get them away from mate.

Jealousy boiled under my skin.

"Sasha," my sister snapped, a warning.

I rounded my anger on her and bared my teeth. To her credit, she merely looked bored. "We need to talk before you dive head first into this. Understand?"

A growl was her answer.

"I'll take that as a yes and haul you out of here by your ear if otherwise."

She slouched back on her seat. "This isn't good," She murmured to herself, biting her long thumbnail nervously. After several moments of silence she shook her head. "Definitely not good. Joseph is going to skin your ass for a fur carpet if he finds out. And that's just if he decides to go easy on you."

My wolf gave a huff, I gave a sigh.

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked quietly. I raised my head slightly, eyes dark. "Not tell him. Maybe mom, but not dad. I don't think I'd live through that encounter."

She cocked her head to the side, "Why tell mom?" I rolled my eyes and gave her a pointed stare, "Why tell Dad? Oh wait, I want to live past my nineteenth birthday. Besides, Mom's way more understanding then Dad will ever be all I can do is pray for the best."

Brittany nodded absently, her eyes glazed. She looked lost in thought.

I raised my nose slightly, breathing in my mates flowery scent. I sighed in content, settling for being able to look at her from afar.

A sudden snap of someones fingers pulled me out of my thoughts. Brittany was looking at me happily, triumph etched across her features. "I've got it!" She exclaimed. I quirked an eyebrow, motioning for her to spill. "Well, considering she's also a wolf, and the resident pack members here didn't try to jump her yet, my guess is she's one of theirs. And she has a lot of scents mixed with hers, meaning..." She trailed off, waving her hand at me to finish her sentence. I racked my brain for an explanation, if she was one of theirs, and she had a lot of scents mixed in with hers....

"-She lives in their pack house. What of it?" I asked, still lost. Brittany rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath. "A higher rank? Sasha, Alpha Jay would be thrilled to have you in his pack. Think about it, an Alpha's daughter mated to one of his higher ranks. Why would he pass something like that up? Maybe we could talk to mom about your mate, see if she could throw a dinner together. And we could invite Alpha Jay over, maybe he could talk some sense into dad."

I pondered her plan, biting my lip in concentration. I mulled over how it could turn out. Over the years that we've been forced to live here, Alpha Jay and dad had become quite good friends. More so than most male Alphas usually are. If anyone could talk some sense into dad's thick skull, it was Jay. If the dinner went well, dad would release me of my place in our pack, and allow me to join Jay's, the RavenPeak pack. Since Brittany was my younger sister, she would step up and take my place as dads heir. If the dinner went horribly wrong, dad would probably shun me from the pack, throw me out of the house, and quite possibly disown me as a daughter.