Chapter 22.

Sasha's P.O.V

Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish them.》

Emotions surged through my chest like a sea savaged by a summer storm. He had literally just walked away. He had the nerve to cry on my shoulder, then up and leave when I dished out the cold hard facts. Glancing over my shoulder, I felt my jaw clench. He was keeping her prisoner in there. I wouldn't let him get away with that.

Stiffly, I pulled myself to my feet, casting one long, agitated glare in Seth's direction, before turning on my heels with a huff. Walking through the open Pack-House doors. It was like I had walked into a giant bee-hive. People dashed to and fro, some barking commands while others looked on with blank fear. Pushing my way through the surging mass of wolves, I entered the kitchen, which wasn't much better. Cooking utensils littered the counter-tops and hard tile below. Illuminated with bright gold from the lights above.

Younger and smaller looking wolves followed obediently after the elder wolves. I felt a sharp prick in my heart, they didn't deserve to be be through something like this.

Hurrying through the scattered groups, I made my way to the island at the center of the kitchen. Christopher was already there, looking bruised and battered, yet calm and fierce. His hair was disheveled, ice eyes shining. He was calling out orders to and fro at the wolves that passed.

"Chris!" I called out, gaining the older boy's attention. When I had finally pushed through the throng and made it next to him, he dipped his head slightly. Giving him a grim nod, I turned my attention back to the wolves rushing about. "Have the precautions been set around the nursery?" I asked, giving him a side-ways glance.

He gave me a curt nod, blue eyes hard. "Yes, all pups and Omegas are accounted for and assembled. Lance is over seeing their protection as we speak, making sure the doors are guarded and the windows boarded."

A low, pained wail brushed through my ears. Grinding my teeth together I glared out of the kitchen, into the dining area. "You can hear her, can't you?" I growled under my breath, fury spiking. Christopher sighed, dropping his head slightly. "Of course I can hear her. Everyone can," He murmured sadly, ice eyes flashing with guilt.

My wolf growled lowly, fur spiking up in anger. "Then why is no one doing anything!" I shouted loudly. The bustle of my Pack-Mates seemed to freeze. The entire kitchen going deathly quiet, all eyes focusing on me. But I was to pissed off to care. Clearing his throat awkwardly, "Seth was very firm about keeping our to-be Luna safe. He threatened to personally punish anyone who tried to involve themselves with her until we are sure that the vampires are taken care of."

My wolfs growl faltered, They want to help. They really do. They're just terrified. She murmured softly. I stifled my anger, forcing myself to take a long, deep inhale. With all eyes still on me, I turned away from Chris, and returned the gaze of everywolf in the room. Gold, green, blue, gray, brown, yellow, and hazel all stared back at amber. Every single on was filled with raw, unadulterated fear.

"None of you deserve this. Not a single person here deserves the fear filling each one of you. I can't tell you how sorry I am that you are being put through this. This is all my fault, it's my fault the vampires are here. At your very doorstep. I can never tell you how much I regret bringing these horrible things upon you all," I said, my voice trailing off in a chocked sob.

Murmuring and hushed voices erupted all around the kitchen. Some angry, others fearful. Most were just shocked. Chris looked down at me with wide, shocked eyes. He opened and closed his mouth, grasping for words. Finally, it wasn't he who spoke, but a little silvery-white haired boy. The pup stepped out from behind a towering tawny haired man. His large hazel eyes stares up at me with a mixture of awe and fear.