"Oh god I must of terrified him..." She said, holding her hands to her chest. "He probably thinks I'm going to kick him out!" She said her worry growing bigger.

"Don't worry, I'll go talk to him..." Hide gave his mum a sympathetic smile as he made his way up the stairs.

Sayuki sighed and plopped on the sofa. "Stupid Sayuki, Stupid Sayuki..." She mummbled to herself, hitting her forehead with the palm of her hand.

Hide stood outside his door and took a deep breath befor knocking.

Knock knock knock.

"Can I come in?" Hide asked. He didn't know why he asked or knocked, it was his room, but he felt a strong need to do so.

There was no reply from inside the room. So, Hide turned the doorknob and entered his room.

"Kaneki?" Hide said, looking around the room not seeing the smaller boy. But he heard sniffles. Small quiet sniffles, that came from his walk in closet. Hide slid open the door and layed his eyes on the boy he was looking for. His knees held tight to his chest and his head buried deep in his arms.

"Hey..." Hide said softly sitting down next to Kaneki. "She didn't mean to scare you...or make you upset...she was just shocked. Thas all..."

Silence.

Hide leaned against Kanekis shoulder and sighed. "Shes really sorry...and I'm not just saying that to make you feel bet-" Hide was, once again, cut off.

"I-I wanna be n-normal..." Kaneki whimpered. "...e-everyone looks at me l-like that..." Kanekis breath hitched. His voice growing quiet as he said "...even you did..."

Hide sat up off of Kanekis shoulder, wide and glazed eyes. Hide crawled in front of Kaneki before pushing the Nekos arms away, flattened out his legs and pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sorry..." Hide said.

Kanekis head was buried in Hides chest once again, this time crying silently. He didnt want Hide to hear him cry again for the second time in a day. He just wanted to smile. Only smile when hes around Hide.

"I shouldn't of done what I did...I shouldn't of freaked out...pushed you away...and not smile..." Hide knew the last part was important to Kaneki as he remembers him telling him that the neko had only really seen him smile once before. "Mum shouldnt of acted that way either...but...do me a favour will you?" Hide stroked the back of Kanekis head. "Don't be normal... Don't be like everyone else... Be Kaneki... just kaneki...That'll make me happy y'know" Hide smiled.

Kaneki nodded into his chest. He broke away from the hug and grinned at Hide, tears still falling from his eyes but not so much.

"Just Kaneki..." He repeated.

"Yeah...just kaneki" Hide smiled.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes just before a loud cry was heard through out the house.

"IM SORRY KANEKI!!" Sayuki burst through the door with tears streaming down her face before she flung herself at the wide eyed Neko.

"I SHOULDN'T OF ACTED ALL SHOCKED AND MEAANN!!" She cried loudly

Hide gave Kaneki a sympathetic look before trying to pull his mum away, but she just latched on like a leach.

"PLEASE FORGIVE MEEE!!" Sayuki whined grabbing Kaneki by the shoulders shaking him back and forth.

Kaneki giggled as he was being shook around.

"Mum please stop..." Hide said embarrassed.

Sayuki looked up at Kaneki with her red puffy eyes, realised he was laughing.