Chapter 16- So This Is What I get?

Chapter 16

OWEN's POV

I need someone to punch me. I need someone to stab me until I can't feel anything anymore. I don't want to feel anymore.

Saying that I was hurt when Ivy kissed that Mallory guy would be an understatement. I was... crushed. She kissed him to get back at me. And she enjoyed it. Enjoyed it. I need something to punch. Maybe I'll punch Mallory. After all, he's the one that is causing this whole mess. It's his fault Ivy doesn't want me. It's his fault I'm feeling this way. His fault that I can't kiss Ivy senselessly like I want to.

Hell, I want to do more than just kiss her!

He deserves the pain that he is feeling and he deserves so much more. Who is he to separate the two people that were made for each other? Ivy is mine and I can't accept that she loves him. I will not. I have to break them up! He isn't good enough for her, anyway.

"What the hell, man?" The Ginger said. "You've been staring at the ground for twenty minutes. I may have fallen asleep at some point... What is wrong with you?"

I wanted to rip his face out. Make him feel pain- more pain. "I have some bad news... I overheard Ivy talking and I wanted to come and tell you, but she was here." I almost couldn't hide my smirk. "Ivy..."

"What? Tell me!" The Ginger asked impatiently.

"She doesn't like you. At least not the way that you think she does."

"What are you talking about? Of course she likes me!" His tone was angry, but I could feel panic behind it. "She is my girlfriend. We kissed. You saw"- Fuck, don't remind me! - "she told me she loved me. Don't go around saying stuff that isn't true!"

Calm down. He's being irrational. If you beat him, he'll die. Don't hurt the human no matter how much that ass deserves it. Try thinking about Ivy: She will be pissed if she found out then she'll never trust us again!

"I told you that I overheard her talking!" I yelled. "She knows that I know. That's why there was so much tension when I came here. This isn't gossip, and she doesn't like you. End of story."

"Get out before I call Security!"

"Oh, I'm so scared," I said sarcastically.

"Fuck. You," He muttered.

"I can knock you out faster than you can call security. Try me." I stepped closer to the bed. With my height, I towered over him. As much as he tried not to, he flinched. He's probably cursing himself for it. Ha.

"Is there a problem here?" A plump black lady in scrubs, probably a nurse, asked.

"Nope," The Prick replied. "He was just leaving."

"No I wasn't," I said defiantly. "When I want you to speak for me, I'll let you know, dickhead."

"Oh, but I can call Security with a push of a button," He said with a wry smile.

The nurse looked at me impatiently. "I can call Security too, honey. I'd suggest you leave. Actually, I do remember seein' an officer just down the hallway..."

I ran through the woods as fast as I could. The feel of Earth beneath my paws felt so right. If only I could feel this good all the time. Soon enough, I reached the little clearing that Ivy claimed as the Spot. I was expecting to see ivy there, but she was nowhere in sight. I caught the smell of her when the wind picked up and I ran to where it was coming from.

I found her sitting on the back porch of her small house. Josh was with her. Angling my body to where it was hidden amongst the tress, I listened in on their conversation. "...and Asia and I will be in my room," Josh said. I had a pretty good idea of what they might be doing. Apparently so did Ivy. "So I take it that I shouldn't come in for what, half an hour?" She asked. Josh remained quiet for a moment. He was embarrassed.