Chapter 21- Not As It Appears

[A/N]: sorry for my updates to take so long. I do have some good news though.. I will try to update on zee smart phone. thanks for the patience, guys.

one girl who is not a big fan of my late updates though is BlueTigers7 (even though I made her cover....) she reminds me on a daily basis at school that I need to update. Jk love ya girly. ;)

on to the story. prepare yourselves for some serious stuff.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 21

Owen's POV

If Ivy wants space, then I'll give her space, but she can't come crying to me when her heart gets broken by that Mallory. She has called me names, tortured me without even knowing it, and now she's pulled the last straw. Now, if anyone asks who my mate is, I'll gladly tell everyone that Emile is.

"Ohmigod, Owen you totally rocked my world last night. It was like you had, like, sexual frustration built up inside of you that you could only release through sex. It was literally the best I've ever had." She sat beside me with the covers hiding her body. I had to look away. "There was only one problem though..." I faced her. A problem with my performance? No way. "You didn't mark me." Tears were streaming down her face. "Don't you want to live happily ever after with me? Don't you want me to be your Luna? Am I not, like, good enough for you? Why haven't you marked me?!?"

I was burning with guilt because I knew exactly why I didn't mark her. On some molecular level, I still believed Ivy and I would be together- even after everything we've been through.

I came home yesterday with anger burning in the pit of my stomach. She said it was a mistake to be with me, and maybe it was, but she didn't have to put the blame all on me. There was enough of the remorse within me, and with Ivy pointing fingers at me and not herself too, I just... lost it. I lost it, I lost Ivy and I lost knowing how she was like on the inside. She'll never break her emotional shields for me again...

And everything with Ivy is a risk! Will she ever accept that she feels something for me? Will she ever shift? Will she accept everything that comes with being me? Maybe, but maybe not.

Everything is the exact opposite with Emilie! I know she'll love me (she already confessed her feelings for me), she'll definitely mate with me (we've already done it so many times, but I can't bring myself to finish the process...), and she'll gladly be my Alpha Female.

The stability with Emilie makes everything easier, but I like risks, too.

"Hello," Emilie said with annoyance, "I asked you, 'why haven't you marked me?' Owen are you, like, still in there?"

I faced her again. Good question, I wanted to tell her, but I know damn well why I don't. "We can't... not yet. I want it to be really special. Actually, I heard that waiting until you got to heat makes it ten times better."

"Owen, I turn eighteen, like, months from now!" She complained.

I kissed her forehead gently. "I know, babe, but it will be worth it." I kissed her again to try and convince her.

"Fine," She said, reluctantly.

"That's my girl. Now, I have to get ready for Target Practice, then I'll have one-one-one with my dad for Alpha Training. As much as I love to cuddle with you, I need to go. The pack is kind of relying on me," I said the last bit with humor.

"Aww can't you forget about everyone else for one day and just, like, stay with me? I love spending time with you, plus I love your sheets!" she rolled around my bed, giggling.