Chapter 8- Too Far

Chapter 8 is about the party. All I'm gonna say is: Get ready for drama! And... There's gonna be some semi-heated scenes in here...... ;)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter 8

"Are you coming to my party?" Owen asked me throughout the day. I would answer him with the same word. "Maybe." I honestly think that he would be upset if I didn't go, but I also think that I would be, too. It's strange that he spent time with me once and now I'm kind of obsessed with him.

That evening, I asked Josh about the party. "Joshy, what are these parties like?"

"Party? What party?"

"Owen's party!" I said, a little bewildered. Why does Josh not know about the party happening tonight? I thought populars were supposed to know about every party. "Oh," he replied with a puzzled expression, "He said that his party was a family-only type of party. Hmm... He must really like you..."

"He does not like me," I snapped, defensively, "And besides, Mallory is going too."

"Uhhh okaaay. Whatever, I don't even know where he lives."

A little later I was freaking out because I did not even know what to wear. By the time Mallory came home, I was on the verge of tears. He was shocked that I wasn't ready yet, but he helped me out--- he chose my outfit! I was surprised that he knew how to create a good outfit because I ended up wearing the new skirt that I bought at the mall and a black tank top, and I liked it.

When we arrived at Owen's house, I stood outside the house- no mansion! staring at it in awe. It was gigantic with windows of an impressive size. The wrap-around porch was held up by fancy pillars.could tell from my view that there at least three floors to this mansion. But the absolute first thing that I noticed was the U-shaped driveway with a fountain and flowers in the middle. The driveway was filled up halfway with expensive looking Porshes' and Audis'.

"Do you want to come inside or should we party out here?" Mallory asked with a smile. I laughed at myself and held his hand as we went inside.

As soon as I crossed over the threshold, the overwhelming stench of sweat and alcohol hit me like a ton of bricks. "That's disgusting," I muttered to myself. Mallory duidn't hear me, instead he asked me if I wanted a drink. I nodded and he walked away. After he left I tried to make myself look busy so I messed with my phone. "You're here?" Emily asked in front of me. She had an evil smirk plastered on her face, "And all alone? Of course. What was I expecting?"

She left as soon as Mallory came back. "Whoa this place is huge. It took me a couple minutes to find the kitchen. Anyway, here you go," He said as he handed me my drink. The red, plastic cup was filled with something, a golden color. I downed it, mostly out of nervousness. "Let's go into the living room. The music is blasting in there," he added. We walked for what seemed like forever into a massive room with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. In one corner of the room were two stereos playing "Imma Be". There was a bunch of people dancing (provocatively) in front of them. On the other side were couches filled with lovesick couples making out.

It seemed that the moment I stepped into the room, everything became quiet. The song ended the exact moment I uttered the words, "Mallory, I want another beer." Everyone looked at me as if I was a cat in a dog house. It was then that I also noticed that everyone in here was either a popular or too old to be in high school. They should be in college!