16 ♢ Trouble and Strife

Vote and comment and tell me your fabulous opinions guys!

  Oliver woke up to the sound of the hotel door slamming shut

  Oliver woke up to the sound of the hotel door slamming shut. He was alerted by the stinging sensation on his hand. Raising it to eye level, Oliver realised just how much he fucked up the night before after spotting the tacky black stripe tattooed around his ring finger.

  He checked his phone for the time only to find nearly forty missed calls from various family members. He groaned when he saw the missed calls from his father. He still had to tell him he got married and, knowing his father, Ed Scott was not going to be happy. He called him back and, to his surprise, Ed answered immediately.

  "Hel-"

  "DID YOU GET MARRIED, OLIVER?!"

  "Huh?"

  "It's all over the tabloids. Everyone knows that you eloped in a trashy chapel with a rock band in tow."

  "Shit." Oliver scrambled to sit up. "I- I didn't think the tabloids would care."

  "They care when you have a celebrity like Vampy with you."

  Shit. He should have known Sienna's presence would attract attention.

  "Dad, I-I didn't know-"

  "Our stock values are plummeting because our next CFO  was out drinking in town and getting married! What's wrong with you, Oliver?! I didn't even know you and Nora were back together!"

  "I fucked up. I know. But I love her and I don't regret marrying her."

  "Let's see about that when you come in for a meeting with the senior partners. I want you in the conference room in an hour."

His father hung up on him, leaving him feeling anxious and angry. He made a quick call to his chauffeur. He looked and smelled like death. He needed to freshen up before he met with his father.

  He wondered if his mother knew. Would she be angry? Would she even care? It wasn't like she ever called him or asked about him so probably not. Mai would though. She was going to be very pissed off. She was currently studying at the Milan Fashion Institute but Oliver had no doubt that she would call him very soon and rant. At least she cared about him.

Nora stormed into the room, her mood mirroring his. Oliver hadn't even noticed she wasn't in bed with him. He had assumed she was sleeping beside him. Nora remained quiet as he explained his father's phone call.

  "I called the chauffeur. I have to get to the office but then Jacques can drop you back home."

  Nora nodded and Oliver immediately stood up, brushing himself off. As he made his way to the bathroom, his foot accidentally squished Sienna's hand, instantly knocking her out of her sleep.