10 ♢ Scorpion

"Let me in!" Oliver shouted at the security guard outside the Hampton hotel

"Let me in!" Oliver shouted at the security guard outside the Hampton hotel. "Do you know how I am?!"

  The buff security guard shrugged apathetically at him. "You're not on the list."

  "I'M HER FRIEND."

  "You're not on the list."

  "I will pay you to let me in. Two grand? Five grand? Ten grand?"

"You're not on the list."

Oliver was angry. No. He was furious. He had never been refused entry anywhere before. Every door he walked by was open for him, both literally and figuratively.

"I said I will pay you!"

"Sir, you're clearly drunk. And your name specifically was blacklisted just this morning. So, I'm sorry but you can't come in." The security guard crossed his arms and puffed out his chest.

Madeline Lockhart had been invited to his engagement party. She came and she made a scene, even though Oliver didn't want her there. But he didn't kick her out nor did he bar her from entry.

Oliver huffed and pointed his finger at the man. "You're going to be very sorry."

He wasn't even that drunk. He only had a few glasses of bourbon. And maybe a few lines of coke. But that was it! He looked at his Rolex and groaned when he saw what time it was. Half eleven. It was late. Nora would probably be leaving very soon. Unless she was staying at the hotel? His head hurt. He didn't know what to do.

"Hello?"

Oliver looked around to find the source of the voice before realising it was coming from his phone. It was Nora. He had called her without realising it. And she had answered for the first time in weeks.

"Come outside." He meant to pose it as a question but he didn't want to give her that option. Because if she had the choice she probably wouldn't meet him.

  "Huh?"

"They won't let me in and I need to see you. Please come outside, Nor."

He could hear her sigh before she hung up abruptly. He stared at his phone in confusion before trying to call her again. No answer. Was she coming? Should he wait for her?

He closed his eyes and imagined her face, her smile, her eyes. Everything about her was beautiful, like a porcelain doll. He loved her so much. Charlie didn't understand. Spencer didn't understand. Madeline didn't understand. No one understood the love between them. It was like a thick rope tying them together.