5 ♢ Significant Others

After Oliver's breakdown, Charlie insisted he stayed with him

  After Oliver's breakdown, Charlie insisted he stayed with him. Afraid Oliver would harm himself, he refused to go home and instead comforted Oliver as he cried for the remainder of the night. Even as Charlie's shoulder got soaked in tears and his arm stiffened from patting Oliver's back, he remained by his side.

  The next morning neither of them addressed what had happened and Oliver felt much better. They had spent the day cleaning up the destruction he had caused in his apartment. Oliver had to leave in the morning for a few hours just to sit in on a meeting but when he returned he found Charlie sorting through all the broken furniture and he immediately got to work collecting all the broken glass. The two of them being all domestic and responsible was a rare sight but the blunt hanging out of Charlie's lips was a reminder of who they really were.

Oliver reached out and plucked it from his mouth before taking a long drag from it.

"Don't do that," Charlie scorned.

"Do what?" Oliver mocked taking another drag from his blunt.

  Charlie sighed and dryly took the small blunt from Oliver, putting it out with his fingers and flinging it behind his back.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"I promised Spencer I wouldn't deal to you anymore."

"You... wait. What? Spencer knows you deal?"

"He has always known I deal. But it was the fact that I was dealing to you..."

"Shit. When did he find out?"

  "He saw one of the texts you sent me the day after you got engaged. You were ordering coke in it. And he's smart so he realised I was dealing to you."

  "He never mentioned it..."

  Charlie shrugged. "It wasn't your fault so there was no reason for him to give out to you."

  "It was my fault though. I shouldn't have put you in that position. I'm...sorry."

  The word 'sorry' seemed almost foreign to Oliver Scott, but he felt genuinely guilty for coming between the two brothers.

Spencer had always known Oliver was into illicit substances. That didn't mean he approved. In high school, every time they went out and Oliver got too high or drunk, Spencer would always get angry. Apparently he always ended up having to take care of Oliver. But as much as he complained and got angry, he always ended up forgiving him the next day.

But to find out your best friend's dealer is your brother must have been tough. It wasn't even true! Charlie wasn't even Oliver's regular dealer. He had his own dealer (who, just that morning, had so diligently dropped off a paper bag with a week's supply of cocaine for him). Oliver only resorted to buying from Charlie when his regular dealer was unavailable. And technically he never really bought anything since Charlie always refused to accept his money.