chapter nine

jennie's pov

"hmm... i wonder what y/n's doing now. should i call her?" i kept on contemplating if i should give y/n a call. will she be mad at me? or will she answer? god i don't even know anymore.

"jen? are you free now?" lisa asked as she entered my room. i gave her a nod and she closed the door shut before taking a seat beside me on my bed.

"rosè's been in her room for the past few hours and she doesn't want to come out. can you please do something for me?" lisa pleaded while placing her hands together. what in the world even happened to rosè?

"alright. she's still in her room right?" lisa nodded and i sighed before standing up. i got out of the room while lisa followed close behind. i knocked on rosè's door three times.

no response.

"rosie, it's me jen. can you let me in?" i heard the door unlock before the i was greeted by rosie's, just barely enough for me to see at least half of her face.

"what do you girls want? i'm not available right now." rosè said in a rushed tone. i wondered what's bothering her. because for all i know, red velvet members are currently practicing for their comeback, hyeri's in the middle of filming and jisoo is shooting a magazine cover.

"i-i uh just wanted to check on you. you've been in your room for too long, rosie. you need to eat something!" i said with a concerned look. rosè just stared at me blankly.

"oh... okay i'll be down in a second." she rushed to her bed and grabbed her phone before walking past both me & lisa.

"what's with her? she was fine in the morning..." lisa scratched her head while both of us followed rosè to eat a late lunch.

TIME SKIP

"hey chaeyoung, can you please stop using your phone for a minute? you've been on it ever since you got out of your room!" i said sternly but all i got was another blank look from rosè.

"o-oh i'm sorry i was just texting my friend. i'll go to the washroom for a second." rosè stammered before exiting the living room.

"don't you think something's going on with rosè?" i questioned lisa, whose mouth was filled with noodles and ingredients.

"i-i dont know. she seems phine toh meh." lisa said and i could barely even understand her. i sighed and returned to my food. just as i was about to eat a big mouth of food, rosè's phone vibrated.

i decided to take a quick peek. i mean- there shouldn't be anything that she's hiding from us- right? the moment i saw the message, i became furious instantly and went to the washroom while holding her phone.

when rosie came out, i raised my hand to show her the message. she didn't respond. she just stared at the phone before looking down with guilt.

"is this the reason why you've been stuck in your room this whole time? rosie how did you even get her number?" i shouted.

"when i-i was in your room, i was looking around since i hadn't been in it for so long. that's when i heard a notification sound coming from your phone & decided to check it out. that's when i found u-uh y/n's number..." rosè said with guilt. i would usually forgive her for these kind of things, but for some reason, i didn't.

"rosie if you're going to keep on talking to y/n and skip your meals, i'm sorry but i'll have to take away your phone from you." i said in a stern voice, which must had probably startled rosè. i felt bad but i just couldn't let it slide, you know?

"what?! no you can't do that to me jennie. i get that you love y/n as much as i do but you should not cross the line." rosè stared daggers at me while warning me. okay i have to admit, this rosie is indeed terrifying but i can't give in.

"then learn to prioritise yourself first. i don't like you talking to y/n but i still let you talk to her. why? because no matter how much you text her or call her, just remember she'll always be mine and only mine." i smiled and turned to walk away when i saw-

lisa...

"not to be rude or anything but you can't claim someone who's not yours, you know jennie?" lisa walked closer to the two members who were standing still, shocked that their maknae had heard everything.

"so what? it's already decided and it's also pretty obvious she's gonna pick me." jennie folded her arms and placed them above her chest while raising an eyebrow.

"oh jennie, sometimes i wonder what's going on in that tiny brain of yours. you just want y/n for your own pleasure, not to mention about what you did to kai. besides, when you're there to break y/n's heart, i'll be there to console her. and, you know what comes next." rosè smirked slightly before snatching the phone out of my hand and went into her room.

"urgh this girl is pissing me off."