chapter seven

jennie's pov

"jennie unnie where did you go? we couldn't find you anywhere." lisa asked worriedly. i obviously couldn't let her know that i met up with y/n, and even managed to get her number. because i know these girls are as desperate as me,, to get y/n.

"oh i- went to the washroom, yeah." i gave her a fake smile. lisa looked confused at first but eventually fell for the lie. good job jennie.

"okay then! let's go to the van, rosé and jisoo are already waiting for us." i nodded in agreement and we made our way towards the van.

when we entered the van, rosé was staring daggers at me, which made me confused. did i do something wrong? well even if i did, i know chaeyoung isn't the kind to get mad easily. so whatever it is, it must've been serious. little did jennie know, she was the cause of rosé's odd behaviour.

at the dorm

when we arrived at the dorm, we took turns exiting the van. we bid goodbye to our manager and headed upstairs. the lift ride was pretty awkward and quiet, considering that they must have been feeling real tired after today's schedule.

after a few seconds, we arrived at our level. we entered the dorm without saying anything to each other, except when lisa accidentally stepped on jisoo's feet. those two can never have enough arguments for one day.

i was pretty worn out myself so i decided to take a shower first. just as i was about to enter the bathroom, someone dragged me by the hand and soon i was in rosé's room.

[bold is jennie, italics is rosé]

"rosé what are you doing? i was just about to go and take a shower."

"why were you and y/n together?"

shoot she saw us.

"it's nothing serious rosie. we just talked a little and that's all."

"you sure? because you were gone for a good 15 minutes. maybe even more." i could tell rosé was growing angrier as each second passed by.

"yes i'm sure rosé. i know we all want y/n, and i know it's not my place to woo her. i care abo it you girls too, you know?"

rosé sighed and nodded.

"i know, i care about you too. but i just can't help but feel jealous at the sight of seeing you & y/n hanging out together. it hurts my heart jennie."

goddamn it rosé why did you have to say it like that? you're making me feel bad for lying to you.

"it's alright rosé i understand what you're feeling. but just so you know, i won't do anything bad to her okay?"

"okay... just please promise me that you'll never do anything bad to y/n, or maybe if u could, please let her know i said hi."

"of course rosé. i promise you."

im sorry chaeyoung ah, but i have to lie to you. i hope you forgive me for this.

rosé's pov

when jennie exited my room, i couldn't help but start to sob silently. how could she do this to me? why did she have to lie to me? if you're wondering how i know, i kind of witnessed everything unfold in front of my eyes...

FLASHBACK

"rosé come on let's go! the manager's already waiting for us in the van." jisoo shouted from across the room while removing the props.

"okay unnie! just give me a few minutes, i'll be back!"

"fine... but be back soon!" i nodded and went to find the girls' bathroom. while i was walking past an empty corridor, i heard someone talking in one of the rooms.

"oh... WAIT YOU'RE JENNIE KIM FROM GODDAMN BLACKPINK?" i heard the unknown person shout which made me cover my mouth in shock. jennie's inside?

"hehe you're cute. and yes i'm jennie kim from goddamn blackpink." jennie said. i was really confused though. why would jennie be talking to someone in an isolated room in the first place?

the only people she'll ever talk to are the members of red velvet. curiosity got the best of me and i decided to take a peek through the gap in between the door.

"whoa! i never thought ill be able to meet you so fast! my teammates told me about you guys and it's an honour to be able to meet you, jennie kim." wait... is that y/n? god jennie what are you doing...

"and it's an honour to meet you, rookie monster." jennie said. now i'm certain that the girl jennie's talking to is y/n. i mean- the only one jennie is interested in is none other than park y/n. i know i shouldn't be acting like this, but why do i feel something? kind of like- jealousy?

HA! no way will i ever be jealous! i can't be, and won't be. i'm park chaeyoung, and i'm well-known around the world! i have people fantasising about me every second, so why do i need to be jealous of jennie talking to this one girl?

"i-i'm not a rookie monster! you're a superb senior then!" y/n said. among all the words in the dictionary, and she chooses superb senior? way to go, y/n.

"haha thanks! if you don't mind me asking... can i have your number?" jennie asked as she stared at y/n with those puppy eyes that nobody can resist. i was so furious i didn't even wait for y/n's answer and just stormed off.

"you'll pay for this, jennie."