chapter five

y/n's pov

minju and i talked a lot about ourselves. this may be shocking but minju's bi! i mean- i'm not complaining about that, but for some reason i feel glad that she's into girls. maybe, just maybe i have a chance to be with my bias wrecker.

"hey minju! who are you talking to?" wonyoung approached us with her gummy smile before taking a seat beside minju.

"oh wonyoung ah, this is y/n! i'm pretty sure you already know she is." minju said while wonyoung nodded her head in enthusiasm.

"you're in the rookie group QUEEN right?" wonyoung asked while staring directly into my eyes, making me slightly flustered.

"u-um yeah... it's our first time performing on stage since our debut song was released." i managed to speak without much difficulties and i mentally patted myself on my back for that.

"whoa! i watched your performance just now and you guys were really spectacular! people could easily mistake you guys as a senior group." i blushed before shaking my head, indicating a no.

"no way... we're just rookies who debuted like, 7 hours ago? there's no possibility of people thinking we're seniors." i said while pouting which made minju and wonyoung chuckle.

"you're adorable." wonyoung complimented me before she waved goodbye and returned to the other members.

"well, wonyoung's not wrong. you really are adorable." minju said while looking down, maybe because she was shy hehe. just as i was about to say something, we were being asked to go on stage and stand with our group members for the prize giving ceremony. i said my goodbyes to minju and joined my group.

"ya y/n what took you so long?" tzuyu asked with a straight face.

"nothing! i just talked to minju and wonyoung unnie. they were really nice to me!" i boasted before earning a light flick on my forehead, causing me to flinch.

"solar unnie what was that for?!" i furrowed my eyebrows and glared at her.

"that's your punishment for making us wait." solar said while sticking her tongue out at me.

"i-" i was about to say something when a group of girls came walking into the stage. they were gorgeous. everything about them was perfect, their height, curves, visuals.

"hello? earth to y/n?" seulgi snapped her fingers which made me return to reality.

"just let her be. she's probably just admiring the BLACKPINK members." soyeon says while looking at the four members in anger.

"oh so their BLACKPINK? no wonder they look so familiar... well they're really attractive in real life, just saying." everyone except soyeon nodded their heads in agreement.

"yah soyeon unnie! are you okay? what's with the sudden change of mood?" i asked soyeon worriedly. soyeon jumps a little before showing me a small smile.

"o-oh it's nothing y/n. but i have something to tell you later." soyeon said seriously, which made me a little scared not gonna lie. i nodded and told her to cheer up.

"it's alright y/n, it's probably the sEaSoN." tzuyu jokingly commented, making the already mad soyeon even angrier.

"i'm joking! i'm j- YAA ITS HURTS!" tzuyu was cut off by soyeon's hard slap against her back, making her yelp in pain. the other idols turned to look at us and we bowed apologetically.

since our debut song came out later than the other idols, we weren't nominated for this week's show so we had to stand at the back. beside us were gidle, iz*one and blackpink- in order.

third person's pov

minju was staring at y/n's direction while smiling gleefully to herself. goddamn it why does she have to be this perfect. she continued staring for a while more until she was interrupted by what sounded like a forced cough.

"what do you want, jennie?" minju said bluntly towards the smirking cat-eyed lady.

"don't act cold towards me, ms kim." jennie said seductively, making minju groan in frustration.

"you only act like that when you want either money, a body, information, or you're gonna give me a warning. so tell me, which one are you going to ask me today?" minju looks so done with jennie but jennie didn't care.

"you see minju, the girls and i have someone that we fancy a lot."

"and what does that have to do with me?

" that girl's name is called y/n, and nobody can steal her away from me."