Chapter One

As Can opened his eyes, the morning light was just peeking  above the horizon. She was still wrapped up in his arms, safe and warm. Everything that had happened the night before was still fresh in his mind. She had chose him and their love, but at what price. Did her parents accept her decision, would they allow her to be with him. He didn't want to bombard her with all those questions last night, he only wanted to hold her in his arms, lay by the fire and welcome her into his heart. His heart that had been empty, and him never realizing it until she fell into his life. How happy he was that he had been there that night, in a place that was to be for him and Polen, but was transformed into a magical place that awoke his soul. She was to be forever the meaning of his life, his reason to live. "How quickly a person can change, when that change is what your life was meant to be." He thought, as he watched her sleep, captivated with her beauty and wholesomeness. 

She stirred, she smelled the fresh air, she felt the breeze, she hadn't dreamed it, she was there with him. Her eyes opened slowly, and there he was, gazing at her with such love it took her breath away. " Good morning," she said softly. " I didn't dream it all, I am here with you." Her eyes beamed with happiness, and her heart was beating like a drum. " Yes, my love and you will be here forever." He said as he stroked her hair. She didn't know what to say, everything was so jumbled up In her head, but she did know she was the happiest she had ever been in her life.            " This was the love of her life, so this is what they meant when they said, " fine the one your made for. She shuttered inside as he rubbed her arms, trying to warm her from the morning chill, " You're cold, let's  go inside and get warm, I'll, make some hot cocoa." He spouted, reaching for her hand to help her up. 

As she watched him make the hot cocoa, she wondered, had she given up all for him,  her parents, their love, their traditions that she had known all of her life. But her heart couldn't be sad for that, not when he turned and smiled at her, that was what made her heart beat now.....him. They snuggled together on the sofa, drinking the chocolate, " What are you thinking right now?" He asked her, kissing the top of her head. Without hesitation, she said, " My family, and how I'm going to make them see how happy I am with you." She had gone against all they believed in, and all they had expected from her. Her life had been planned out for her, she thought she had agreed with it, but love has a way of changing things in an instant. Can heard the dread in her voice, " Are you sorry that it happened this way, I'm not, but I hope you don't feel like I pressured you into this." He said. She smiled, " No, not at all, what happened between us was undeniable." She sighed. " I have never felt like this before, but I want to feel this way forever." 

Can had decided not to go to work that day, he wanted to spend the day there, just the two of them. But Sanem knew she had to go home and face her parents, they would have a thousand questions. " Can, please take me to my neighborhood and drop me off, I need to talk to my parents." She asked. He knew she was right, but he didn't want her to go alone. " I will come with you, it's time for me to meet them and explain what has happened." He decided, ready to take the responsibility of their relationship. He would tell them how much he loved her, and the uncanny circumstances of their meeting. Nothing would keep her from him, not even her parents. Sanem knew it would be better if he didn't go along, especially with her father, he was a bit more traditional than her mother and set in his ways. " Can, I need to do this alone , please." I know you want to protect me, but this is a matter of my family's pride, so I have to handle it." She said, stroking his beard with her fingers. He closed his eyes, " Sanem, what if they don't let you come back to me, what then, how will I get to you." He whispered with a hint of fear in his voice. Sanem took his hand, " Can, that's not going to happen, I won't let that happen, trust me." She said defiantly. " I'm through taking the orders of the neighborhood and of the traditions they we have had to live by all of our lives." I'm living for myself and I hope my parents will see that and except it." Her eyes were telling him she was confident and ready to take a stand for her love.

They drove to her neighborhood, he parked a block away, he kissed her gently, " My love, come back to the cabin as soon as you can, I will worry about you until you come back." If you need me to come pick you up, just call and I will be here." He begged. She waved at him, as she ran down the street toward her house. He smiled and waved back, but his heart was full of doubt and fear, that she might not return to him. As he drove back to the cabin, his mind was still there with her, wishing she had let him go with her. She made it to her door, she stopped, taking a deep breath, she unlocked the door and went in. Her dad was at the store, so it would give her time to convince her mom that what she had  done was the best for her. Her mother was busy in the kitchen, as she walked in, " Mom, I'm home, can we talk." She said quietly, but with confidence. Her mom stopped what was doing, but didn't t turn around, " My daughter, are you home to stay or are you home just to talk." She asked, with the same confidence in her voice. Sanem knew this wasn't going to be easy, she also knew the history of her mothers parents, and how they forbids her to go away with her dad, so she was hoping there would be some remembrance of that as she heard her story about Can. 

" Well, mom, I guess that depends on you and how you intend to to listen." Will you listen with head, or your heart."........