"I'm prepared to make a first attempt at returning you to your human form. You are aware that there are some risks involved with transformations, and doubly so with counter transformations, but—"

Theresa meowed and nodded. She did not want to be reminded of the risks. That would make it infinitely worse.

She wanted to just relax while she waited for her old body.

"I can promise nothing as to the results, although as I said before, if there is any difficulty I can return you to this state. It should be safe."

Theresa shrugged. Her cat half did not care one way or another. If he did not do it soon perhaps Theresa would not care at all either.

"Are you ready?" Wildwood asked.

No, not really, now that the moment was upon her. Theresa nodded. She hoped that it would not hurt if it did go wrong.

"Very well, come inside and take a seat; perhaps sitting on the floor would be best."

Theresa lay down in the centre of the floor.

"You can go ahead and close your eyes. Perhaps that would be best."

Theresa closed her eyes on the vision of the mostly grey room before her and sat very still.

Perhaps it was best that he was restoring her so suddenly. If she had time to think about it, she probably would have spent all the time beforehand worrying about accounts like poor foolish Reginald.

Theresa listened as he walked towards her. "Just relax," he told her and she realized her body was surprisingly rigid. "I am now going to cast the spell. It will take a minute before anything happens."

Theresa sat there, trying to distract herself from what was happening and failing miserably.

She could feel her hairs rise on end and an unpleasantly odd tingle was making its way down her spine. She wished she could ask if it was normal to be feeling such things. The tingle spread and grew.

She heard him get up and move, muttering something while he worked. She wondered if what he was doing was successful. She felt oddly numb so she could not tell.

"You can open your eyes," he prompted. She did.

Her first thought was that someone had painted the room in warm tones. Everything was so very brown, the wood, most of the books. She glanced over at him in surprise. Wildwood's skin was a healthy human tone.

She had almost forgotten what it was like to experience such colors.

She lifted her paw experimentally and saw it was a hand. It looked like her hand. She looked at Wildwood.

"How do you feel?" he asked.

She nodded, before realizing she should be able to speak. That she could speak.

"G-good." She sounded a bit like poor Matt, she thought slightly erratically. Perhaps he had been transformed in the past, but that thought was ridiculous.

She lifted a shaking hand to touch her hair. It felt cold and damp, like she had just come in from the rain.

"I'm glad."

"M-mirror?" she wondered aloud. Words! Aloud! It was wonderful.

He moved to his desk. "I have a small one for magical observation. Here," he said as he walked over and handed it to her where she was still sitting in the floor.

She took the mirror. Her hand was shaking slightly. She lifted it in line with her eyes.

It was her face. Her human face, her purplish blue eyes, surrounded by erratic, windblown black hair.