11. Chapter

The playground actually consisted only of a large meadow, a sandbox and an old climbing frame.

Several small groups of children's parents were scattered across the grass and as soon as they came closer to the people, Sakura saw Naruto shrinking next to her and lowering his head.

She put one hand on his shoulder, which made him flinch. Surprised, he looked at the gentle smile on her face.

"Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm with you." Her voice was soft and had a calming effect on the young Jinchuuriki.

He nodded and smiled slightly.

:

Sakura was teaching Naruto how to make flower chains when a small group of girls the same age as the two came to a halt in front of them.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you before," said a girl with short blond hair and smiled at Sakura.
They all looked down at the new girl with the strange hair with excitement.

"Yes, she arrived today!" the blond girl turned to Naruto in surprise as if she had only just noticed him. She frowned as she recognized the boy.
"But I wasn't talking to you!" the whole group had retreated a little and was now staring at Naruto as if he were a cockroach.

The blond boy slumped down and Sakura could see tears glistening in his big blue eyes.

"Wouldn't you rather come play with us and stay away from that freak?" Sakura slowly got angry. Pitifully, she looked at Naruto and assured herself that nothing bad would ever happen to him again while she was here.
"You can go." You could see Sakura's surprise. Naruto tugged at the hem of his old T-shirt and seemed to expect her to stand up, but Sakura just shook her head wildly so that her long pink strands flew through the air.

"No, we're here together, I wouldn't leave you alone like that."
This time it was Naruto who stared into her emerald green eyes in surprise.

"You don't wanna play with him, my mom says he's a monster!" Sakura got up slowly and turned to the small group.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Her voice was quiet but she held something strangely threatening. "The only monster I see here is you with your UGLY MUG!!!" at the last part, she looked up and the small group shrank from the wild look in her fiery green eyes.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!!" the blonde girl had quickly recovered from her shock and seemed as angry as Sakura.

"Let it go Ino." Said a bored voice. The small audience, along with Sakura and the girl named Ino, turned to the owner of the voice who looked as bored as he sounded.

He had spiky black hair, which he held together in a ponytail, and wore dark blue pants with a plain white t-shirt.
The boy raised his arms apologetically when he saw the two angry looks that were now directed at him.

"Calm down," he said and lowered his arms. He strolled over to the two girls, who now seemed to calm down really slowly.

When he had reached them, he lowered his eyes to Naruto who was still sitting on the ground. Immediately, Sakura was ready to pounce on him again if he tried anything, but unlike the other children, he didn't seem to care who or what the blond boy was. He simply asked him for his hand and pulled him up when he hesitantly put his hand into the black-haired boys'.

Sakura had calmed down again after Isanami had uttered a few gentle words, and now stood next to Naruto with her arms crossed.

She would never expose him to such treatment again.