Chapter twenty

The blue glowing figure began to approach Ben.

"Mom?" He asked again.

"Son?" She asked.

"That's me," he responded.

She looked at him. "You had them, the twins?"

"A few hours ago. They're precious. We had a boy and a girl," he said looking down at their son.

"I remember when you were that small," she said walking towards him.

"This is your grandson and..." he stood up and looked into the small bed right next to him. Their daughter was placed on her back, "that is your granddaughter.

"They're so beautiful," Leia said, almost in tears.

"They get it from Rey." He looked towards Rey, who was still turned away from them and sleeping.

"What are their names?" Leia asked after a couple moments of silence.

"We haven't named them yet. We really just wanted to enjoy the moment," he smiled, looking back up towards his mom.

"Which one is older?" Leia asked.

"Our daughter was older, only by a few minutes." He went to go and get the other bed and placed it next to their daughter's. He then kissed their son's forehead and placed the sleeping baby in the bed.

"Ha!" She said a little too loudly. Their daughter slowly began to stir. Ben instinctevely took her into his arms and cooed her back to sleep. "Sorry," she whispered. "I'll have to tell that to Luke! He was older and always made sure I knew it. He told Han he would find him and beat him up if he ever left me heartbroken."

He laughed, then a thought came to mind. "Wait... has Luke passed?"

"Oh, no he hasn't. I visit him sometimes. He still lives on Ach-To. How's Rey doing?"

"She's very tired, but she's also happy they are finally here and healthy."

Leia walked over to Rey. She couldn't really touch her, but she just watched as she slept peacefully.

"You better not hurt her, she's special. If you do, I will kick your ass when you come here."

"Mom, I would never hurt her. I love her so much. We're going to get married."

Leia turned around abruptly. "You're what?" She practically shouted.

Their daughter began to cry and Ben rocked her until she had calmed down. Those bright blue eyes stared back up at him.

"I asked her a few months ago," he said, still looking at his daughter. "I brought her to Takodana and she said yes."

"My son just had two babies and he's going to get married. You're all grown up now." Leia said.

Some time passed, Leia had turned back around to look at Rey and Ben looked down at his daughter. Suddenly Leia turned towards him.

"I'm running out of time. I will come back as soon as I can," Leia said. The blue glow slowly faded, leaving Ben standing in the room holding their daughter, who's beautiful eyes slowly began to close.

Rey slowly began to stir, she turned onto her back.

"Ben?" She asked, almost whispering.

Ben made his way to Rey and gasped when he saw her. Her face was extremely pale and she didn't look well at all.

"Rey? What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked, panacking.

He turned and placed their sleeping daughter back in her bed. He then quickly came back to Rey's side. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

She could barely speak. Suddenly, her eyes closed and her head fell to the side. Ben shook her, trying to wake her up.

"Rey!" He yelled. "Rey! Wake up! Rey, please wake up!"

But she wouldn't wake up. Ben remembered one of the droid nurses had instructed them that there were two buttons on the wall. One was in case they needed someone to help them and the other was for an emergency.

Not remembering which one it was or knowing which button to even use in this case, Ben slammed his hand onto both of them. Alarms rang outside the room and not even one minute later, droids spilled into the room. One droid came and took Ben away from her. He tried his hardest to protest and stay next to her, but after realizing that it was best if he left, he stopped giving the droid unnecessary trouble.

The droid took one of the beds, which held, now, a crying baby and Ben took the other. The droid brought them to a seperate room, doing the hallway, and told them to wait and they would come back with news.

The room was much smaller than the other. It held two chairs and nothing else. The walls were surprisingly white and the floor had black shiny tiles.

Ben took both of their newborn children into his arms and tried to calm them down. It took some time, but eventually they had stopped crying. He placed them back into their beds.

He looked around the room, one tear slid down his cheek. Followed by, another and another, until he was crying into his hands. He couldn't help it. His other half was unconscious and he had no idea what was happening or what would happen. He started thinking of the worst possible scenarios. He knew he shouldn't, but he did it anyway.

Some time had passed. How much time, that he had no idea. He took his face out of his hands and wiped the remaining tears. Rey would want him to be strong. He had to believe in her, she was the strongest person he'd ever known.

What were those names she liked? He asked himself. He remembered he had suggested Anakin for a boy, but what was that other name she liked?

"A-" he said out loud, trying to remember. "Anka? Anika? No, those were it." He stood up and looked down at his daughter with her beautiful black hair. She didn't have much of it, but what she did have was absolutely gorgeous. "Aki... Akilah! That was it! Akilah and Anakin Solo." He smiled down at them.