Chapter three

When Rey woke up, she was in a bed. She slowly sat up and looked around. She was in the bedroom on the ship. She started to recollect her memory from the day before.
Or had it only been a few hours ago? She didn't know.

She could feel as though the ship had stopped. Have we landed? She asked herself.

She remembered how he wanted to tell her something and then the day of her parents' departure flashed through her mind. She couldn't remember exactly what happened next, all she could remember was having close contact with someone and falling asleep.

It was probably Ben who calmed me down and brought her here, she thought.

Rey flung her legs so they were dangling off the bed. She stood up and exited the room.

"Ben?" She asked.

No response.

"Ben?" She asked a little louder walking into the room.

Still no response. She entered the control room and still couldn't find Ben. She walked towards the doors that lead to the outside of the ship.

She stepped outside and looked around. It was dark, extremely dark. After a few moments, her eyes adjusted and she could see everything a little clearer.

There were massive statues. She didn't know who they were, but she felt connected to them somehow. They were all aligned perfectly in a long stretch. She walked following the statues, which led to a huge room.

After some time, she heard a noise.

"Ben?" She called out quietly.

Someone grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards in between two of the many statues. They had a hood, so you couldn't see who they were.

"What are you doing here?" The mysterious person asked.

"Who are you?" She replied. Her heart rate had accelerated, that voice didn't belong to Ben.

"You know who I am," the person answered.

The mysterious person took off their hood. It was Finn. Rey looked at him surprised. She hugged him. She hadn't seen him since he was unconscious after the battle on StarKiller base.

After a few moments, she pulled away. "How did you find this place?" She asked. Ben had told her no one would find them. "What are you doing here?"

Finn said nothing and held up his wrist. He had the clocked binary beacon, it looked exactly like the one Leia had given her when she set off to Ach-To to find her brother.

"You forgot to take it off. We could find you with it," he responded after a few moments of silence.

The last few words Finn had said were spoken a little too loud. Someone had heard them. Rey took Finn's arm and brought him farther in between the two statues. It was almost pitch black now.

"Rey, come back to the resistance. We need you," Finn whispered. 
"I..."
Rey didn't have time to finish, Ben interrupted her and came into a force call with her.

"Where are you and who are you with?" Ben yelled.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Rey asked.

"Answer the question!" He yelled back.

"I had woken up from my sleep. I tried to find you on the ship, but you weren't there. So, I went outside. I followed the only path. Then someone grabbed me-"

"Who was it? Did they hurt you? I'll come and kill them! Where are you exactly?" The anger was rising in his voice.

"No, no they didn't hurt me, I'm fine. You don't have to come and kill them, I think I can handle my own problems. And you never tell me anything, so why should I have to?" She yelled back.

Ben was surprised. She had never yelled back at him.

"Ok, ok... let's just calm down. I'm just worried. I'm sorry," he said in a calmer voice.

"I'm sorry too. But where are you and who are you with?" She asked.
"I'll answer the first question now and the other I will answer in person. You will come to me and I will explain something to you. I'm in the room at the end of the hallway. Meet me there. Alone."

Rey nodded. The force call ended. She waited a few moments and then turned to Finn.

"I don't want to come back." She paused and waited a few seconds. "Not now. I'll come back once I'm ready. You'll know, I'll know, Poe will know, Leia will know-"

"Rey..." Finn interrupted. "Leia passed away. That's why I came to get you."

Rey stumbled backwards. She didn't know what to say. She put her hand on her chest and closed her eyes. She backed into the statue to their left and fell to the ground.

Finn approached her slowly. He lowered himself. He knew they were extremely close. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"I knew you wouldn't like the news, but I didn't have a choice. Everybody said I was the best one to tell you the news. I'm sorry Rey."

She didn't answer. Tears were running down her face. Something had changed in her. Something had clicked.

"I don't go by that name any more."

She got up and started to run. Finn didn't know what to say. He stayed in the position for a little longer trying to comprehend what had just happened. He didn't expect that. They sent him, because they felt like he could turn her back.

She ran. Her vision was blurry from all the tears falling down her face. She didn't know what she was doing. Her mind had just been put on autopilot. She ran to the room at the end of the long hallway. Ben was there.

The room was a huge circle. About half of the circle had stands with creatures staring at them. There was a figure who was attached to some sort of machine that went to the ceiling.

Once Ben saw her, he took her into his arms and hugged her. He let her fall into his chest. He put one hand on the back of her head. The other was on her lower back. He pet her hair. Tears fell onto his clothing, but he didn't care. He would protect this woman with his life.