Chapter 3.1- The Dead Lamp

The next morning I woke up on my own and did my usual routine and got dressed. As I was putting on my shoes there was a knock on the door.

"Come in it's open"

"Hey baby girl"

"Dad"

"Still mad I see"

"Yes"

"Can you stop with that one word shit you know I don't like it one bit"

"Pops what you want me to say I'm upset you pushing me away from our business"

"I am not, I just need someone around while you at school, or hanging out with you friends and shit"

"At night when I wanna go wipe out some niggas I want you to be in bed sleeping or partying and not on the streets killing at 3 in the morning" he added sitting down beside me.

"Dad I did that shit before it wasn't a problem"

"So what's the real deal" I said turning to look at him.

The room went quiet for a good two minutes before he said anything.

"Dad"

"Look I want you to go college, have a little fun get yourself a boyfriend. You be up in the trap too much"

"What!" I said laughing.

"You heard me... That's why I flew that nigga here to help me while you are away...yes you can come do deals, fuck a nigga up if you wanna but baby gurl I want the best for you too... I want you to be 18, party and get you ass in trouble sometimes"

"Business is yours but I want you do the business right.... so if anything goes down nothing will be tied to you" he added.

"And college and a boyfriend gonna make that happen?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Yes if you go to college, you can study business that way you can start a legit tax paying business while doing the drug thing undercover so when feds and anybody start looking in our family we have an excuse"

"We have you owning some high end company to hide what we doing" he said holding my hands.

"So baby gurl don't think I'm pushing you out... I'll be a fucking fool to do that cause who can shoot like you" he added, which made me laugh.

"Fine pops ...for you I will do anything but I'm not so sure about getting a boyfriend part" I said and he laughed.

"Good now hurry off to school"

"Can I have the keys to the BMW?" I asked as he stood at the door.

"You gonna have to buy you own damn car"

"Why should I when I got all of yours" I said and we both laughed.

"Oh baby gurl.... we have a hit later and since today's Friday...what you say you coming?" He added as he was about to leave.

"Oh hell yeah I am"

"Keys will be on the table" he said as he laughed and closed the door.

I continued to get ready and in just less than 5 minutes I was finish. I grabbed my bag and phone and headed out. I drove to Kulture's to pick her ass up.

"Your early today" she smart mouthed as she entered the car.

"Hello to you too bitch" I replied and she laughed.

"No puppies today" she joked looking back.

"Guess they ass gas up their car"

"Why you so early though?"